[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Last year of high school - realized I wasted it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: gymnasie.jpg (2 MB, 2821x1576) Image search: [Google]
gymnasie.jpg
2 MB, 2821x1576
I'm Swedish and in my senior year at a small private high school that was supposed to be good. It wasn't. Teachers suck, I hate my class, there is 0 fun, etc. I hate everything about it.

There is this large public high school closer to where I live that's really good. Inspiring teachers, great people many of which I know, lots of clubs, nicer building, good reputation etc.

I wish I had chosen that school instead. I fucking hate myself for not going there. It's obvious now that it's better in every way but I was dumb when I picked school.

Ever since I started high school I wanted to switch to that school, but I never did for some reason. Now I regret that. I have missed out on soooo much. My high school experience has been nothing. I wish I could forget it altogether honestly.

I feel like I will forever regret this. Unless I repeat senior year at that school.

And just to stress this again: I really really fucking regret my choice and wish I could go back. I would do anything. I feel like I won't be able to live my life knowing I wasted my later teenage years like this. I hate myself for it.

What would you do? Should I repeat senior year? Should I move on and risk being unhappy about it for the rest of my life? Should I do something else? I just feel like killing myself.
>>
Most people mourn those years. They feel they made bad choices; they relive the "if onlys" over and over. You're overthinking it. The other school would not be the glorious experience you imagine.
>>
Most people stop thinking about highschool almost immediately after starting something else. It's really not a big deal.
>>
>>17165304
But my school really fucking sucks and that school seems to be better in every way. In fact it is objectively better.

This school made me depressed honestly. I can't imagine it being worse in that school.
>>
>>17165302
Nigga I was the same as you last year. Then I went to college and had more fun then any day of high school
>>
>>17165338
Same poster here. I don't know anything about sweden but college in america is rad. I'm sure swed college is probably cool too.
>>
>>17165307
But this is supposed to be some of the best years of my life and I can never get them back. I see how much fun and how happy other people are and I feel like killing myself because I will never experience that.
>>
>>17165302
How old do Seniors graduate high school in Sweden?
>>
>>17165338
But don't you feel like you missed something great? You will never get the high school experience, doesn't that bother you? I feel like I would regret this forever.
>>
>>17165302
flytta till uppsala/lund/göteborg/stockholm. om du med high school menar gymnasium så är de tre åren ingenting jämfört med att studera på riktigt.
>>
>>17165361
18/19

I'm 19.
>>
>>17165363
Kommer antagligen läsa på LTH i Lund. Så du tror det hade fått mig att glömma vad jag har missat?
>>
>>17165363
Är universitet lika kul i Sverige som college i USA? Vad skiljer?
>>
>>17165370
vad exakt är det du tror att du har missat?
förutsatt att du har valt en vettig linje på LTH kommer varje vecka de kommande åren bestå av spännande föreläsningar i ämnen du tycker om, fester och sittningar, företagsevent etc osv.

om du dessutom väljer att bli en kommittéhora kan det ju vara sittningar och skit i princip varje dag
>>
>>17165366
Why do you want to repeat Senior year? Did you want to join clubs or hang out with more people your age?
>>
>>17165302
No. High school is going to mean so little to you as you grow older. Do yourself a favor and move on. It might be hard to see it now, but seriously, high school is nothing in the grander scheme of your life.
>>
>>17165362
yeah I did but then I realized that I can't dwell in the past and I'm still young and not an old man filled with regrets. I have the rest of my life to make up for lost time and create experiences. You said you were 19. You are young af man. Make your life memorable!
>>
>>17165384
Yeah that and I want to feel like I'm actually in high school. I have just felt sad and hated my school and wished I picked another one for 3 years. I wanna experience what I would have if I went to that school in the first place. I also wanna have friends in school and hang out at lunch, feel like I graduated from a school I liked and also actually have happy memories from high school. The negative is I would be 20 when I graduate with 18/19 year olds.
>>
>>17165376
ingen aning, men jag skulle tro det. nuförtiden är ju allt så internationellt ändå, så programmen ser rätt så lika ut vad gäller kurser åtminstone
>>
>>17165398
Is there any happy memories with a friend? Did the High school offer some memorable events?
>>
could have been worse, you could have ended up like poor Arminas Pileckas
>>
>>17165406
I guess I have one but that's it. And he stopped talking to me a week after.
>>
File: 70321-60868.jpg (11 KB, 266x273) Image search: [Google]
70321-60868.jpg
11 KB, 266x273
>>17165398
And what if everything doesn't go as great as you think it will and it turns out to be a total waste of time and even more of a terrible experience to make things even worse than they originally were?
>>
>>17165417
You heard about that outside of Sweden? That's pretty weird lel.
>>
>>17165456
Then I quit school because I already have all my grades from my first senior year. And I will know I didn't miss out on anything. And I will also know how a big public high school is. The only real negative is that I delay uni by 6 months to a year.
>>
>>17165427
stop crying
>>
>>17165479
So, what you're saying is that you can choose to go to high school again, but a completely different school, as well as having no concern for grades without any negative impacts? Why not just walk into that school with whatever the fuck personality you want and do whatever the fuck you want for a year? Why is this a question?
>>
>>17165511
I'll delay uni. My parents won't like it. It's weird to be in the same class as younger people. My friends will think it's weird. Teachers think it's weird. I might have to work in my freetime if I wanna live at home. Yeah, that's pretty much it. But if I can get over the people thinking I'm weird part I could do it.
>>
>>17165587
I feel like you're really understating the weirdness here. You'll essentially be an adult hanging out with children. You'll be stuck in fucking high school instead of going out to uni partying or doing whatever the fuck you want. Just leave high school behind and move on, college is better dude.
>>
>>17165359
>But this is supposed to be some of the best years of my life and I can never get them back
This is the most high school tier post I've ever read. High school is just like an extended childhood, it doesn't define or even have any real consequence on the rest of your life.
>>
>>17165630
Uhh, I would be 19 most of the time and most of them would be 18. Not a huge gap. And if I lie and say I fucked up on some mandatory course they would probably be cool with it. Not my parents though.
>>
>>17165640
>extended childhood
This is what I want. College is too grown up and actually it actually takes some responsibility to graduate.

I wanna hang out with friends, sitt in easy classes, talk shit in the cafeteria and do general high school shit. It seems fun to me, but I never got to experience it.

High school movies also make me wanna kill myself. I wanna do that stuff even if it's not even 1% as good as it is in the movies. I just wanna experience it ya know.
>>
>>17165655
>College is too grown up
xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
>>
>>17165756
Compared to high school it is. I'm not done with high school.
>>
Also, bump
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.