[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be me >no friends >hardly ever leave the house unless
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: QYPlmPQ.png (20 KB, 638x547) Image search: [Google]
QYPlmPQ.png
20 KB, 638x547
>be me
>no friends
>hardly ever leave the house unless to cop
>hang out and smoke in my parents basement while fucking around on the computer
>no job
>lie to parents about attending community college classes they already paid for
>pretend to go out to class a few times a week
>really just driving around smoking cigarettes and listening to music
>haven't talked to friends in months
>ignore all social media since the idea of replying so late gives me anxiety
>semester is over
>summer
>parents want me to sign up for summer classes
>my gpa is probably shit since i was too scared/lazy to go online and drop the classes before it was too late
>scared to open school email or try to sign up for classes
>miss friends
>want to talk to them but have no excuse for going ghost
>want to sign up for summer classes and get back on track
>want to get a job to practice socializing
>or i can just kill myself

which
>>
>no friends
i meant no friends in my area
>>
>>17165294
Get your shit together. There is no secret for success, just discipline.
>>
>>17165294

>I want to kill myself due to perpetual self inflicted
laziness

It's not like you don't know what you're doing wrong, you know, you just want to keep hiding from it as much as you can and soon enough it'll catch up with you
>>
OP I have no friends but I do well in school/work

Just do that
>>
>>17165294
I know how you feel man. Aside from the total skiving of school, I used to skip a lot of classes. I had few friends and also was extremely lazy, couldn't get my grades above a D.

One day I realised what I was doing and thought to myself, what the fuck have I done in the last 2 years? Is this life? Sitting on a computer, doing nothing all day, sometimes sleeping till 2pm.

There is no secret or cure to laziness. You literally have to just get your head out your ass and do the stuff you know you need to do. Thee is one thing that made me rebound and it was hitting rock bottom in my life.

You sound like you're at that point. Turn that shit around and confess to your parents what you've done. If they're cunts, then quit school and get a job somewhere. Say you dropped out.

There will be somewhere that accepts you. Fast food, retail, wherever the big job mills are. Start applying and fix your life.
>>
i can sign up for summer classes easily enough i think or so i hope

I'm trying to summon the courage to call my friends and catch up, make plans etc. i know doing this will make me feel a hell of a lot better and help me get my shit together.

idk what to say to them when i first hit them up like, hey sorry for not responding for so long it's just one of my many flaws as a person?
>>
>>17165552
Funnily enough it was just today that I had the courage to message a long lost good friend on facebook. We were like brothers but then I stopped speaking for 5 years. Just forgot about him I guess. Really dick move of me.

I just said fuck it and started the conversation with 'Yo X, it's been such a long time' and he replied after a few mins. First thing I did after he replied was apologise for losing contact.

Most people will understand. My friend did, and I bet most of yours will too. Mental state is a tricky thing and everyone understands your mind can make you do the weirdest shit. Nobody will know how you feel unless you tell them.
>>
Goto school mental health services. Tell them you are depressed. It may help.

My uni let me void my semster. ( i still paid for it. But i basicly redid it)

Alternative. Join thr army/navy.
>>
>>17165605
I'd only join the military if you know you can do the shit they make you do. Can you force yourself to march miles? Memorise pointless parade routines and execute them perfectly? OP sounds like he is struggling with motivation and unless he really wants the military life I dont think he will succeed in it.
>>
>Goto school mental health services. Tell them you are depressed. It may help.
>My uni let me void my semster. ( i still paid for it. But i basicly redid it)

do you think that would be possible? i'm 20 and have been hospitalized twice for mental health in recent years, i dropped out of high school to get my GED and straighten myself out but now i gotta take some basic (almost remedial?) courses at the college as prerequisites for the classes i need to take to continue moving forward
>>
you are me. its fucked. i do the same irresponsible shit you do. just hold on man, we can do this.
>>
>>17165671

mental illness is crazy man. all my friends and most of the peeps i used to go to school with are gonna graduate in two years and i'm still trying to cover prerequisite classes to take the general courses i needed to take in order to transfer my credits and apply to a 4 year university. killing myself would be soooo much easier baka
>>
>>17165680
im 24 dude and i can say mental illness is real and its harder to deal with than people understand, unless they have one
>>
>>17165709
I think everyone understands mental illness. Everyone I know including me has struggled with their mind through their life. Discipline is all about controlling that, no matter what, and getting the right shit done.

Schizo and stuff is more complicated. Depression, apathy, laziness, all of this can be cured.
>>
>>17165726
cured/managed
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.