[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
job switching
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1330252230436.jpg (85 KB, 1024x746) Image search: [Google]
1330252230436.jpg
85 KB, 1024x746
did you ever switch jobs from one area of work to a completely new (office clerk to outdoor-salesman for example)
if so, how was it for you as a person - how did you feel after this change in your life took place?

i´m currently unemployed and i want to try some new things job-wise but i´m not sure if i find something i enjoy doing, the uncertainty of my future job life is a bit overwhelming
>>
>>17164986

how old are you? you have a few years to figure it out.

i started out working only restaurant jobs. i live in los angeles and was sure id make it as a writer but as i get older the reality of the situation sets in. i knew i didnt want to keep working at a restaurant for all the reasons above and more, so i started applying for office jobs.

i feel way better. i love my current job. got promoted from receptionist to manager in two weeks and now i run the entire business. been here two years this july and wouldnt change it for the world.

recently thought id have to quit due to an illness and the saddest thought was not getting to do my job and hang out with my boss. very happy i got better.

try a new job. for six months. if it doesnt mesh well, shop around. its okay to try the same field twice. you might think 'i like this owrk, but these people suck'. some places are made of awful people. some are made of great people.

great people often outweighs bad work (Within reason).

good luck
>>
Yep!

I went from working in communications for a large political organization, servicing just about 10.000 companies.
During that time I held a bachelor in Communication & IT

I then took an interest into data, did my master in Business Administration & Information management and now I am working as a data analyst for a large shipping company.

It feels pretty good. No job needs to be static OP.
>>
>>17164997

Edit: I've also worked at a kindergarten, as an Abercrombie & Fitch robot, been in the army, worked as a research assistant and even as a craftsman during my gap year between uni and highschool. There's nothing wrong in trying out different things. Especially when you're young.
>>
>>17164993
i´m 26 in june - i did an apprenticeship as an IT Systems Engineer and after that i worked there till now (4,5 years approx)

i quit my job because it dragged me into a depression spiral and i wanted to avoid pills and shrinks because of burnout or some shit, so i took my own measures
wanted to get away from IT anyway, sitting in front of a screen all day sucks, i wanna have some outdoor job or mixed in/outdoor.

thanks to my best buddy i pulled this all through and i never felt greater - i feel all the energy floating in me again - usually i came home and had no energy for anything, when waking up i felt like beaten up with cinder blocks

>>17164997
that sounds amazing! my brain tells me change is good for me but somehow i still fear the unknown
>>
*bump*
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.