[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Accidently signed myself up to a cause.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4
File: 125774_1.jpg (10 KB, 285x214) Image search: [Google]
125774_1.jpg
10 KB, 285x214
So i was leaving the grocery store here in Norway, About to pass trough the exit when a guy calls out to me. I felt rude for just passing them by and i walked over to the table.
"Would you like to donate money to help aid children and teens that got assaulted" was the headline here.
I saw what he was doing when i talked to him.
That reenacted sad look on his face.
head leaning down and hands resting on each other.
He handed my this paper where i sign my name etc. Minimum pay a month is 200NOK
(Roughly 24 dollars a month)
I'm a student and i can't actually afford this as i have other shit to cover each month.
Still paying down pc parts, phone bill, rent, food. This is not like me at all.
Has this happened to anyone else out there?
Hopefully i can cancel this shit and avoid a binding contract.
>>
>>17164926

its a donation mate you arent being forced to pay anything. i worked in telefundraising and we'd get verbal promises to pay, recorded, and send them copies with the 'bill' but no one ever actually paid.
>>
>>17164926
Call the company, claim you didn't know what it was, wave around some paragraphs claiming it is illegal, threaten to sue them, unless they remove you from the list.
>>
>>17164969
But if i gave them my VISA card number don't they automatically pull money from my bank account? or do i just get a regular notification/bill in the mail?
To believe i actually let down my guard to the point where i was led like a sheep into some bullshit like this is unbelievable.
It was close to 10pm closing time at the store and i was tired. I will never do anything like this ever again.
>>
>>17164926

Hi OP, happens to me quite often as well as I feel shitty for saying no to them, especially because I know that its a tough job.

You can always just cancel your donation plan OP, as they usually on a monthly basis. Especially here in Scandinavia, people would never donate for charity if it was permanent. So their 'business model' if you will is centered around monthly payments.
>>
>>17164926
cancel it you fucking beta
>>
>>17165051
I am by no means beta anon.
People get tired after a long day.
Nobody has their guard up at all times.
>>
File: 61328451.jpg (175 KB, 500x347) Image search: [Google]
61328451.jpg
175 KB, 500x347
Thanks for all the advises given here.
I've calmed down a few notches.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.