[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I stop caring THAT MUCH about people opinion and stop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: Guilt-Pain.jpg (74 KB, 580x359) Image search: [Google]
Guilt-Pain.jpg
74 KB, 580x359
How do I stop caring THAT MUCH about people opinion and stop remembering stuff from the past that was really awkward.I feel like I will go insane from all the stuff I recall.I sometimes have to hold myself to not scream or mumble even though I realise that its completely pointless and just harms me in the long term to achieve something better.
>>
>>17164897

there arent any real guides to how to reprogram our brains. we all think about the things. sometimes im trying to sleep (most times really) and ir emember something really cringy i did when i was fucking 12 and i dont even talk to those people anymore but i sit there and worry about whether or not they remember that.

but heres the thing. i dont think about what OTHER people have done that are cringy. how often do you?

the chances of other people sitting around thinking about what you did are extremely low. so why worry about it?
>>
>Go to a friends timeline OP,
>Go back to around 2008-2010.
>Proceed to gaze in amaze over all of the cringy facebook updates.

Everyone has had their awkward moments OP, it's in the past. Forget about them and move on.
>>
>>17164903
Yes I too have hard time falling asleep because of that and I realise that its completely pointless and all that but still doesn't stop showing.I know completely that it doesn't matter and I shouldn't worry about it but yet its there.I've read that if you "solve" them as if relise why that happened and to learn from it they will disappear but the thoughts are still here...
>>
>>17164910
Maybe you're lucky or just normal person but even if I do something stupid I would think about it for way too long.It seems like I'm a magnet for cringe situations and I myself am cringe
>>
Thats all?
>>
>>17165087

yes. when anon said:
>>17164903
>there arent any guide to repgoram our brains

he was right. you arent going to get any better advice then on a google search and that will mostly just tell you to either A) deal with it (as you suggested) or B) think about something else!
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.