[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm really done guys. I need help with my acne and I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 5465464165146416.jpg (93 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
5465464165146416.jpg
93 KB, 1000x667
I'm really done guys. I need help with my acne and I don't know what else to do.
I thought all the measures I've made were enough and I did make great progress but it's not fully gone and it is pissing me off. I occasionally still get big zits. Other than that I have many, many very small ones which I could handle. I was fine with it before but I just want it entirely gone already, because it just makes me feel gross whenever I get the big ones again.
What can I do?

I already removed a lot of things from my diet such as diary products and just so many other specific things that I've proven give me zits. I eat a lot of vegetables. I always eat fresh. I avoid red meat. I wash my face in the morning and the evening with antiseptic face wash. I wash my hands regularly. I use salicylic acid every night. I wash my bedding weekly.
All of that helped me a lot, but it's just not enough.
What else can I do? Except using antibiotics by the way.

Please help
>>
do you smoke?
and do you have an oily skin/skin that sweats easily in general?
>>
>>17163852
I don't smoke and yes my skin is oily at some parts. I also sweat easily although I'm thin
>>
ive been there, tried all the advice and 100% of it is bullshit. seriously, save your time and money and go to a doctor right aw-
>Except using antibiotics by the way
never mind, keep trying your placebo methods for another two months.
>>
>>17163839
go to a doctor

cutting things out of your diet and washing your face won't do anything. antibiotics won't do anything. there a prescriptions that will help you but you have to ask your doctor for them.
>>
>>17163883
If you want to permanently damage your body by excessively using antibiotics, go ahead. Once you stop using them your acne will come back worse than before.
Your diet and hygiene is a core factor of acne.
>>
>>17163839
>no antibiotics
I had terrible acne when I was a teen. Dida regiment of accutane and it completly cleared up, haven't had any acne (except an occasional lone pimple) since and have had great skin without doing much else.
>>
>>17163839
None of that shit works. Get on a couple of rounds of doxycycline-sandoz and I'll bet my left nut that you will be fixed in a matter of weeks.
>>
Real life example--girl had horrific acne. Used proactive. Worked in like a week. She went off it two months later and started to look broken out again.

Seriously it's about finding out what works for you. Maybe it's a face wash or lotion. Maybe it's antibiotics. Maybe it's diet. Try things, one at a time, for at least a month, to see if it works. Definitely see a dermatologist.
>>
>>17163839

Do you work out? Or do sports?

If not, then do so
>>
>>17163839
What do you usually drink? Replace all drinks with water. Stop eating sugar. Also wash your face with cold water multiple times during the day.
>>
>>17163899
Do you still use accutane though?
>>
lush http://www.lushusa.com/Cleansers/cleansers,en_US,sc.html
>>
>>17163839

>I wash my face in the morning and the evening with antiseptic face wash. I wash my hands regularly. I use salicylic acid every night.

Is that your entire routine? Your skin is dry and irritated because you don't moisturize.

>have shitty skin all throughout high school
>find skincare forum
>now use foaming cleanser, liquid exfoliant, and moisturizer with SPF
>not a single pore clogged
>>
Are you a girl?
It's probably hormonal. PCOS caused me to break out really bad.
>>
>>17164059
I should have mentioned that. I moisturize my skin in the morning and evening after washing it

>>17164060
Nope, I'm a guy. I also only eat organic meats to avoid animals that were treated with hormones too
>>
>>17163839
Grow up.

Literally.

While things like diet and even genetics contribute a very small amount to acne, more than 90% is the chemical changes in your body during the teens, which keep altering your skin oiliness.

Once your body chemistry settles down, most of it will go away. Until then all you are really doing is trying to keep up with it through skin cleansers, etc.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.