[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey people of /adv/. Is it possible for a 20 something year
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
Hey people of /adv/.

Is it possible for a 20 something year old to learn programming on the internet? Also, I don't have any experience with it, maybe some css and html knowledge but that's about it when it comes to anything close to that area.
Is it possible? Or should I take classes?
Also, I'm a girl. So I can't learn that fast. HEHEHEH jk.

Thanks in advance!
>>
>>17163743
Yes it is
You don't need theoretical courses to learn programming, just a lot of practice
Also, actual programming is very different from CSS and HTML

Start by learning Java or C#, they are common languages that can help you grasp the thought process of programming
>>
It's possible if you have the discipline to dedicate time for learning. You have to figure out what you specifically want out of programming and develope a plan to reach your goal. You can learn everything they teach you in classes or college course online through youtube but books are also really beneficial as well. It's going to take lots of persistence, practice, and constant exposure to learning material if you want to be consistent and competent in programming. But if you're the type to lose motivation quickly when learning new things then it's not worth entertaining.
>>
>>17163743
Don't know what language you plan on learning, but this is a good place to start https://www.codecademy.com
>>
>>17163758
>>17163765
>>17163785
Thank you guys!
I want to learn and as much as I am lazy sometimes, this is something that I really want.

Do you have any other site/book recommendations? :3
>>
www.w3schools.com is a great resource and has done loads for me as an absolute beginner. I was 19 when I realized that a bunch of my friends were way ahead of me when it came to coding and began reading up on w3 to improve myself. After that I applied for a job at my university's marketing team where I could be in an environment that I could develop and practice my skills in. Also possibly if you are willing to spend a bit of money, try lynda.com. Lynda has a video series on all things technology, from absolute beginner to expert which can really help you orient yourself. However it really all depends on the sheer amount of effort and hours you put into learning. Rome wasn't built in a day as they say
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.