[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have any of you had experience with shitty housemates? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1291598479079.jpg (121 KB, 1737x1737) Image search: [Google]
1291598479079.jpg
121 KB, 1737x1737
Have any of you had experience with shitty housemates?

I'm currently in a situation where my friend of many years has seemingly gone off the deep end and has physically assaulted my other housemate (dragged him around, punched him, foot on throat, all unprovoked) as well as decked me once or twice so he needs to go. We're all cosigned on the lease though. The police had words with him the other day and as of today he's been asked to leave but hasn't agreed to (he doesn't really have anywhere to go except home), his share of the bond was even going to him out of pocket. The friend who got thrown around is probably at the police station currently, exploring his options (injunction was mentioned).
He's a pretty built guy so we can't physically remove him.

It's a pretty shitty situation.
>>
That's beyond a shitty housemate. A shitty housemate is someone who doesn't do their dishes or tries to stuff shit into an already full garbage rather than taking the trash bag out.

You're not living with a shitty housemate, that's a criminal.
>>
Was best friends with my cousin, long as I can remember. We moved in together for a year. He started dating a friend of mine early on. She dominated his personality. He and I got into some major fights. I moved out. They got married. We have talked twice since then. It's been 4 years.

Everyone says, don't move in with your friend. I cannot stress this enough, it is totally 100% true.
>>
>>17163716
This. Eventually, one day, you WILL get annoyed about eachother and have a conflict and your friendship will be ruined.
>>
>>17163727

What? This is fucking ridiculous. Not all of us are maladjusted psychos. I've lived with a few friends and not had a single issue. Nor did I argue with them because I'm not a child or Italian.
>>
>>17163727
That's absolute horse shit m8, I have lived with my mate for a year and it's been a fucking blast and it won change any time soon
>>
My housemates had a talk and it seems to be he just doesn't understand violence isn't how you treat people. "It's normal for men to fight" and "if you were big like me you'd do the same" were his rational. I'm fairly sure he's fallen for the /fit/ meme way too hard.
I'm concerned he actually doesn't understand being menacing and intimating his friends is wrong and he's just going to cut back because he can't get away with it anymore.
>>
>>17163893
Sounds like he's rationalising and justifying his actions. I'd say that's not good enough.
>>
>>17163716
It wasn't your friend, sounds like his gf. Almost similar situation to yours. I had a friend I used to live with. I moved out, but he started dating this gf. This GF was a distant cousin of mine who I introduced him to. She dominated his personality. She and I didn't see eye to eye on a lot of issues. Starts pecking away at me. I speak to my friend about it, starts defending her and unwilling to aknowledge what she's doing. His personality was completely changed with being with her. I remove both from my life. They moved in together. Friend would probably talk to me but I'm not interested with a man that has no spine. Sorry for OT rant but your situation sounds very similar.

Funny thing, me and him lived together for years. We were fine, so I think it mostly sounds like his gf was the problem.
>>
>>17163716
THIS
but...
>>17163768
this too.

I've lived with friends for some days and we were just fine.

But I moved with another friend and after a month he called me while I was at work all mad because his sponge was wet everyday and he thought I was using it, and it was just that he would hang the sponge under the shower head, and therefore by the basic laws of physics and shit the sponge got wet every day... Obviously.

As long as your friends aren't fucking psychopaths like mine turned out to be you will be fine, I guess.

>>17163893
run dude

>>17163901
I have a story about me moving with someone who's a pretty fucking cool dude, and it all ending up in serious shit happenings due to controlling psycho girlfriend. I need to run so maybe I'll talk about it another day. I ended up fucking off obviously.
>>
>>17163727

What a load of subjective crap.

I've been living with my two roomies for 3 years now. We've known each other since second grade. We are having a blast and our friendship is solid.

Not everyone is a social spastic you know.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.