[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This may or may not sound autistic, but do you guys observe people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 160120-eyecontact-stock[1].jpg (527 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
160120-eyecontact-stock[1].jpg
527 KB, 1200x800
This may or may not sound autistic, but do you guys observe people while walking? I get a lot of awkward glances back but I can't help it.

Also autism general.
>>
Yeah. I'm not an autist but I'm socially retarded and somewhat crazy
>>
>>17163264
Depends on the context.
If you make eye contact with someone there's nothing wrong with smiling and saying hello or w/e so it's not awkward.
It's all about how you react to the situation.
>>
>>17163264
Yes and i have to work hard on trying to empty my head if there's a lot of people

And i hate it when a girl looks at me while walking or when im in a bus because i never know why did she look and if i look at her sometimes we stare at each other sometimes she acts like she didn't look so we keep on chasing the look one after the other and its weird to me

I mean im not retarded looking so dunno why that happens
And yes im actually autistic but i hide it pretty well
>>
>>17163313
A lot of the time people just look around because they're bored. If a girl looks at you it doesn't mean anything.
>>
I always look at the ground when walking. Not because insecurities or shit like that, just so I won't step in dog shit or trip and fall.
>>
>>17163319
I do the same but she looks me in the eyes and if i turn my head she looks away for a bit then looks at me again

Then its just
I look
She looks
I look
She looks

You lnow when you ca.n tell someone is looking at you
Even if i move she still looks at me
>>
>>17163344
Make stupid faces if people stare at you.
Always worked for me.
>>
Is it weird to feel awkward just standing with your hands at your sides? I like having a jacket to keep my hands in the pockets but I can't help but feel self conscious when having my hands dangling at my sides.
>>
>>17163383
That's an anxiety thing- just gotta remember that nobody gives a shit and you're over thinking it.
>>
>>17163383
I know exactly what you mean.
>>
>>17163383
I do the same and i can tell you for sure its the anxiety

>>17163359
Im terrified its going to look like im literally retarded

I feel like people in general are mind readers or share that one radio station while i get white noise with a few sounds here and there to make it confusing
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.