[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Girl i'm dating thinks I have ulterior motives in some things
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1427651147243.jpg (18 KB, 358x350) Image search: [Google]
1427651147243.jpg
18 KB, 358x350
>on the phone to her, she's abroad
>casually ask her if she's sure that using facetime doesn't cost so that we don't rack up an expensive bill
>accuses me of trying to come up with an excuse to not speak to her and says 'fine just don't bother speaking to me then'
>then change the subject to lighten the mood and ask her if she still reckons i should get a nose piercing
>ask her questions about how long you have to keep the ring in for, and if you can take it out straight away
>YOU'VE ASKED ME THIS BEFORE WHY DON'T YOU JUST SAY YOU DON'T WANT ONE

fucking bitches man, i thought everything was going smoothly again then all of a sudden...BAM. one phone conversation and i'm beginning to feel something is wrong. is it because i'm not assertive enough?
>>
>>17162386
She sounds literally insane, cut your losses OP.
>>
>>17162386
>Girl thinks I have ulterior motives.

Literally every girl everywhere is this.

Also, it seems like she's looking for reasons to lash out at you, why you putting up with that?
Fuck, I'd have been all like "No wonder you think I don't wanna talk to you, when you got that attitude, bitch" then hung up.

Alternatively, I would have used;
>>accuses me of trying to come up with an excuse to not speak to her and says 'fine just don't bother speaking to me then'
As a perfect stopping point. A quick "okay bye".

If you don't want shit, then why are you taking so much shit?
Don't take shit, and you don't get shit.
>>
>>17162398
Ok thanks i'll bear that in mind next time, it just took me by surprise because normally she's very nice and calm and probably stops herself from speaking her mind

How should I approach this next time I speak to her though? Should I just not bring it up or confront her about it?
>>
Yeah that's typical moody girl stuff. The answer is not dating her over the phone.
>>
>>17162405
>How should I approach this next time I speak to her though?

You wait for her to speak to you. That's how you approach it. Literally, no calls unless she's the one calling you.
She starts shit again, just hang up.

If she never does call you, get a new girl, it's officially over..

>Should I just not bring it up or confront her about it?
Bringing it up will only give her more excuses to lash out at you.
Wait it out and hold a grudge against her until she apologises. She's in the wrong, don't get all pussy-whipped and start apologising just to keep the peace.
>>
>>17162412
Thanks but I highly doubt she's gonna apologise since i reacted poorly to it and laughed it off which gave her the feeling she's done nothing wrong so giving her the silent treatment will probably do jack shit

There were a few other weird instances in the convo, and kinda feel i want to talk to her about it and tell me what her problem is
>>
>>17162434
>Thanks but I highly doubt she's gonna apologise since i reacted poorly to it and laughed it off

Stop blaming yourself for someone elses shitty behaviour.

You were right to laugh it off, they were throwing a fucking tantrum.

>which gave her the feeling she's done nothing wrong so giving her the silent treatment will probably do jack shit

Then it's over, she's a lost cause, move on.
Plenty of fish in the sea, not all of them are bitches just waiting for any old excuse to lash out.

>kinda feel i want to talk to her about it and tell me what her problem is.

Okay, I'm going to stop you right there.
There are two ways of doing things, the way we were taught by the system, and the way the actually works.

You've been taught;
>Every problem can be solved by "talking it out".
Bullshit, the word "unreasonable" exists for a reason.
>It's better to "clear the air" so to speak and come to a compromise.
Again, bullshit. You'd be giving in and enabling this kind of bullshit.
>To try and get the full story first.
Okay, I semi-agree with this, HOWEVER, if she does have a problem and is insisting on lashing out at you rather than straight up telling you, then fuck the full story, the fact is she could've handled this better and chose not to.

all that shit makes you an easier target, no wonder we're raised to think like this. Governments and corporations need people being damn compliant. So do women.

The way that actually works is;
>Not giving in.
You're now setting an example. "This bullshit won't work on me, so don't bother". It might not be fast, but it'll actually put an end to this. Or your relationship.
>Being prepared to end things.
Bridges burn all the time. This way, you can control how it gets burned and by who. Furthermore, you're setting an example once again "You need me, more than I need you".
It increases your perceived market value.
>Not taking shit.
Again, don't make yourself an easy target.

You will feel bad at first. But it will work.
>>
>You know what, I'm glad I've found a prettier girl over here. Don't call me anymore
>Hang up
Leave it at that OP
>>
>>17162398

Not every girl is like that. My GF literally takes everything I say face on. I think that's a plus for our relationship. I literally tells it like I see it and she does the same. No BS, no ulterior motives. It's great. I realize most girls are not like that though. Most are fucking nutty bitches who complain if you don't text them every minute... like my ex. Don't reply to her text every minute? Sends one like "okay or don't walk to me w.e" and then got pissed off. Unbelievable.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.