[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /adv/ i got a couple of things i could use some help with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1454191774059.jpg (80 KB, 766x960) Image search: [Google]
1454191774059.jpg
80 KB, 766x960
Hey /adv/ i got a couple of things i could use some help with socially

1. Whenever i tend to express myself or let loose i always end up making an ass of myself or just look awkward. So the past month iv been just real nonchalant and timid but its killing me on the inside. But I feel like when i do let my true side out i just look retarded in front of others.

I dont think im anti social or autistic. Iv made friends but most of the time its a hit and miss when trying to connect with others. What should i do?

2.For some reason when im online or texting i become really shy and timid and i rarely express myself. Why is that and how can i fix this? I never really used the popular apps people use today,but i feel like in this day and age i have to.
>>
Anything?
>>
>>17162179
You have an anxiety disorder. Talk to a doctor.
>>
>>17162320
What makes you say that? Anyways im afraid going to a doc isnt an option for me
>>
>>17162179
Sounds like some social anxiety with beginnings of avoidance.
DO NOT let it progress strongly into deep long-term avoidance.
I'm in that situation right now and it's not fun.

How old are you? For me it started around 9 or so.
I'm 21 now and have just started working on it clinically.
It took away any and all opportunities i had for normal social development. I have no social skills to speak of and must learn them all from scratch. Making a friend is still likely at least 1 or 2 years off at current rates of progress.
Will likely need daily medication for 5 years or more, at the very least to reduce pulse and BP to safe ranges around people.

>>17162337
>m afraid going to a doc isnt an option for me
Why, exactly? This is usually not true, especially for anxious people.
>>
>>17162426
I cant because im in the military

It only started recently
>>
>>17162469
>I cant because im in the military
Welp, then yes you're pretty screwed.
How much longer you got before you can get out and get this fixed? The sooner the better.

For now, look up CBT (cognitive-behavioral therapy) resources for social anxiety. There are some programs designed to be self-administered, and you can do them essentially anywhere as long as you have access to the internet (or can print em).
They tend to help short-term.
>>
>>17162481
I got a 5 year contract and iv only been in for 6 months.

But i definitely will look up those CBTs
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.