[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
University in Ontario
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1463532617035.png (637 KB, 749x814) Image search: [Google]
1463532617035.png
637 KB, 749x814
I am going for Political Science, then law.

My choices are narrowed down to (I have been accepted to both) to University of Toronto and University of Ottawa.

Which one, and why? If you've got experience at one or the other, please explain

Thanks for the advice /adv/
>>
If you're not moving into residence, go to whichever is closer. I would personally pick U of T, since it is more prestigious, and it's campus is awesome (close to shops, bars, food, subway, etc...). Having said that, for political science, being in Ottawa all the time would be useful to you. You could easily find jobs/internships in parliamentary positions, or law firms due to your proximity. If you don't really care about internships/jobs (which you should), then go for U of T. Otherwise UO will be better.
>>
>>17162096
Yeah that's what I was thinking, but it's just that UofT is ranked wayyyy higher (http://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/university-subject-rankings/2015/politics#sorting=rank+region=+country=222+faculty=+stars=false+search=) for polisci
>>
>>17161869
>political science
>canadian university
If you want to be unemployable but know a whole lot of useless leftist bullshit, that's the path to take.
>>
What kind of a question is that? UT definitely.
>>
>>17162684
It's literally just to get into law school. To apply, you need a bachelor in ANYTHNING, and this would be the easiest route while staying relevant even somewhat.
>>
>>17162690
I've heard that one before. And doesn't Canada have a surplus of lawyers, to the point where it's become a problem to people trying to get a job? I know in America we have that problem.
>>
>>17162690
It's really competitive, but I mean I plan to take business on year 2 alongside depending on whether I can handle the workload of just one course.

I have not a single course that averages below 89%, so it's pretty easy to apply and be accepted to whatever I want except maybe an MBA or something.
>>
>>17162701
You're going to work hard to achieve little. If you put that kind of effort into becoming an engineer or a trademan you would be better off.
>>
>>17162711
No, I've got my mind set on what I want to do.
>>
>>17162720
And thats all it takes. If you believe in yourself and work really hard the world will give you what you want. No. That's not how the world works. Whatever dude. You were warned, and when it doesn't work out you have nobody to blame but you.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.