[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just can't fucking take it anymore. Story: I live in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: 1459881333147.gif (955 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
1459881333147.gif
955 KB, 360x360
I just can't fucking take it anymore.

Story: I live in a piss poor country. And our greatest contribution to humanity is a piece of media (book/movie/show/computer game/doesn't matter) and everybody loves it.

And I'm the only one who doesn't like it. To be honest, I passionately hate it. Literally every single person in this country knows this "masterpiece". Kids love it, adults love it, grandpas love it. There are fucking posters and shit like that everywhere - in the metro, on the walls, in the stores.

I so fucking hate it. I hate it because I think it's just mediocre and everybody forces me to like it. My fucking gf broke up with me because I criticized it when she started talking about how amazing it is.

Even on 4chan, on its respective board everybody loves this fucking thing. I don't understand. I don't fucking understand. Am I retarded? I never had any problems with myself except some generic highschool moodswings.

Jesus fucking christ let me out

And no, this isn't bait
>>
>>17161752
I would think you were talking about Japan if you didn't say poor country. Figured you were talking about anime and weaboos. Why can't you just say which country you are from?
>>
New Zealand isn't piss poor
>>
File: thewitcher.jpg (176 KB, 589x331) Image search: [Google]
thewitcher.jpg
176 KB, 589x331
>>17161752

Well you've got to tell us what the thing is

I might guess The Witcher? Poland isn't that poor though is it? And has made a lot more than just one video game
>>
>>17161752
You're going to have to tell me what it is.
>>
>>17161756
>>17161757
>>17161759
>>17161761
No, it doesn't fucking matter. I don't want to be the main guest in shitty ylyl threads on /b/ for the next month.
>>
>>17161756
Actually Japan hates otakus more than wehate weebs lol.
>>
>>17161771
I have good advice for you, but you're not getting it until you spill the beans.
>>
>>17161771
I actually now think it is Poland and The Witcher because you said
>(book/movie/show/computer game/doesn't matter)
And Wikipedia says The Witcher WAS a book, also turned into a movie, and a TV show
>The books have been adapted into a film, a television series, video-games, graphic novel series, and the series of novels is known as the Witcher Saga.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Witcher

Don't deny it mate I've already figured it out
>>
>>17161776
True, but it is more accepted as a form of art. They just don't like the Otaku that make it their whole lives because they are NEETs.
>>17161771
It actually does matter because we have no fucking idea what you are talking about lad.
>>
AHAHAHAHAHA
KURWA!!!!!!!
>>
>>17161781
Uh, okay.

Yeah, it's The Witcher. My parents gave me the books when I was 11. My grandparents praised it every single time we talked about books. My friends in midschool had wet dreams with Ciri. It feels like a complete descent to madness, I haven't ever came across a person who didn't like The Witcher.

>>17161784
Well you're right, but by saying "(book/movie/show/computer game/doesn't matter)" I meant "one of these things".
>>
>>17161784
>The Witcher
Never even heard of this. Should I have?
>>
>>17161793

this
>>
>>17161793
I don't want to start sperging out shit in polish on 4chan but

wiesiek jest strasznie średni i nigdy nie zrozumiem dlaczego wszyscy go kochają
>>
Move to England and become a plumber.
>>
File: the-witcher2.jpg (42 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
the-witcher2.jpg
42 KB, 460x215
>>17161796
I KNEW it. Damn I should become a detective. I jumped to it in the first place because you said
>Even on 4chan, on its respective board everybody loves this fucking thing.
And The Witcher is pretty popular on here, so that's what made me think of it.

Come on though man Poland is more than that. Chopin was Polish. JPII was Polish. Also you guys have a fucking great football team. Lewandowski could well be the player of the tournament at the Euros. Also Wasilewski, Leicester defender, and Wojiech Sceszny (probably spelt wrong). As you can tell I'm British.

>>17161798
I only know it from the video game which is pretty popular. Probably one of the most popular RPGs these days. But then I wikipedia'd it and apparently it was originally a book, adapted into a game and a movie and a TV show

Apologies to OP for posting the thing he's sick of
>>
>>17161798
Its mainly known outside of Poland for the computer games. It's good, but typical poleshit in that they go way too far in obsessing over it because muh nationalism.

Anyway op, I suggest you relocate to a nonshit country. The way the right has capitalized on the bungling of the migrant crisis means things are only gonna get worse in yours I'm afraid. Thanks Merkel.
>>
>>17161835
That's funny. I am a gamer too and I don't really recall hearing much about it. It sounds vaguely familiar, but I have never played it.
>>
>>17161752
Count your blessings. You could've been born in Sweden.
>>
>>17161771
Fuck you then.
>>
>>17161842
Mainly just a PC thing.
>>
>>17161835
>Chopin was Polish. JPII was Polish. Also you guys have a fucking great football team.

Well, we FINALLY have a good football team, it was shit for a long time.

>>17161841
I'm thinking about moving, but I can't think of any decent european countries.

>>17161853
I'd rather get bombed by immigrants or boned by gays than sliced on the streets by nationalists because I don't know what's the main squad of Lechia Gdańsk or my hair "isn't patriotic". What the fuck.
>>
File: 1423436175708.jpg (41 KB, 409x389) Image search: [Google]
1423436175708.jpg
41 KB, 409x389
>>
>>17161873
>I'd rather get killed by refugees then harassed by friends and family

You're purty dumb. Just move thrn if it bothers you so much.
>>
>>17161806
>wiesiek is terribly mean and I will never understand why we all love him

Who's Wiesiek? The author of the books isn't called that and neither is the protagonist

>>17161873
So it's the nationalism you don't like? So are you more left-wing than you think your country is then?
>>
>>17161873
Britain, the Netherlands, and Denmark are all pretty nice.
>>
>>17161884
Ireland too, Dublin is great.
>>
>>17161882
"Wiesiek" is a diminutive for "Witcher"

I said "The Witcher is extremely mediocre and I don't understand why everybody loves it"

>terribly mean
"terribly" can be used as "extremely" in polish

>>17161882
Probably. I don't like extreme nationalism, which is very common in Poland.

>>17161884
Aren't they really expensive? You know, my salary isn't great and I probably can't afford moving to Britain.
>>
>>17161913
>I said "The Witcher is extremely mediocre and I don't understand why everybody loves it"
Ah okay sorry I just used google translate

>Probably. I don't like extreme nationalism, which is very common in Poland.
Surely there are also left-wing people there? Russia is very nationalist but I know there are also lots of left-wing people there too. Pussy Riot for example.
>>
>>17161913
>Aren't they really expensive?
Not when you get a job there.
>>
>>17161926
>Pussy Riot for example.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBVtph48Fqc
>>
>>17161926
left-wing people are hated because of how communism fucked up this country after WW2

To be honest I'm more of a cosmopolite - I'm not attached to my country and I think that there's no reason to love it. I'd leave it if I could, not because I hate it but because I want to live in a place that will make me feel safe and comfortable.
>>
>>17161943
I think you should try harder to find a way to leave. You have an EU passport, that puts you ahead of 95% of people who want to expatriate.
>>
>>17161962
Thank you anon.
>>
Bru, you should join ONR or MW and stop bitching about your own country like some little girl.
>>
Get really into Game of Thrones or The Lord of the Rings, or Elder Scrolls or some other fantasy series that's similar. Don't come out and say you don't like The Witcher but whenever it comes up explain how this other series is similar (and subtly imply that it's better), until they see the light.
You won't be considered an outcast for not liking it and you might even be respected for having a broader taste and appreciation for other similar stories.
>>
File: 1457893830983.jpg (38 KB, 480x335) Image search: [Google]
1457893830983.jpg
38 KB, 480x335
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.