[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
pls help what do i tell someone who doesn't have a will
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Me 247.jpg (38 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
Me 247.jpg
38 KB, 400x388
pls help
what do i tell someone who doesn't have a will to live and doesn't want to keep living
don't tell me those stupid normie bullshit advice
"THINK ABOUT YOUR FAMILY DON'T BE SELFISH "
"IT'S NOT WORTH IT"
pls help me
>>
>>17161629

id simply call the cops and get them to their address.

then distract them til the cops got there.
>>
Tell them you love them and they're important to you.

If you care enough, that should be true too. Whether it's family or romantic or platonic friend. Get them professional help.
>>
make them go to places and do things that are worthwHile and bring back the spark of life in them
i guess its not the words but the actions and intentions behind them that matters most
don't be sucked in the frame
also professionnal help for sure
>>
>>17161629
Are we talking a platonic friend, a SO, what? How close are you and he/her?

>>17161638
That's low. That's very fucking low. I hope no one with actual problems ever comes to you for help.
>>
>>17161629
That.
>>17161638
Also, assure them that they have the power to change, and that the impending sense of doom is not eternal. All pain can and will pass, even if you find that to be false, make them believe it.
>>
>>17161638
Don't call cops, call an ambulance if it's serious. If someone's threatening to kill themselves and is unstable, depending on what they do or if they have any sort of weapon.. Cops may see them as a threat to take out rather than someone who needs help.
>>
>>17161673

>how dare you stop them from killing themselves

they'll go to a 3 day hold at a facility and be let out fine.

but if i actually like someone im not gonna just HOPE they dont kill themselves.
>>
>>17161673

she's a really good close friend of mine, she went through of lot of the thigns that i did
we made plans about some things in the future,
they're just as broken as me
i really care about her
she cares a lot about me too
>>
>>17161694
Tell her that. Go be with her. Whether it's platonic or not, dint let them be alone
>>
>>17161690
The YOU being a fucking friend to them instead of passing them off to people who aren't in any way trained to deal with psychological issues. Basically, what >>17161687 said if they don't listen after everything.

Say what you want about me, but at least I would never subject the people closest to me to a "3 day hold" like their an inconvenience on my life.
>>
>>17161694
>>17161700
i did but it didn't help much
their meds aren't working to help them feel fine either
it hurts me so much that they're sad and can't feel fine at least
>>
Just get them talking.
Don't try to offer solutions if there was a quick solution they wouldn't want to kill themselves.
Try to empathize but don't ever claim to know what they're going through.
Try to get a feel for where they are at plan wise, fuck my life I want to die is a lot different to I have a loaded gun and my affairs in order.
Don't be positive. You said it yourself don't spout normie shit. There's so much to live for there's a silver lining bullshit.
You're probably not gonna convince them not to. You can't do much with words but being there for them helps.
Just give them someone to talk to who is trying to understand rather than cheer them up or convince them to live.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.