[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What to do. Dying inside.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: BqgZc7yIQAAWGwn.jpg (72 KB, 473x575) Image search: [Google]
BqgZc7yIQAAWGwn.jpg
72 KB, 473x575
My gf and I have been together nearly 3 years. We made the promises to each other that we will always be together and I took it to heart. Started taking her for granted and being mean and pushing her away because of insecurities. Shit hit the fan recently. I have pushed her to far without realizing it.

We are still together. I made my apologies and have worked on everything I need to. I will not go back to the way I was. She says she wants to work through it and still loves me. But she isn't sure it will.

The uncertainty is killing me I hate having to sit here and feel like I fucked it up. If I lose her I don't know what I'll do. She is the one for me and I feel nothing will be the same.
>>
>>17161246

>and i took it to heart

jesus christ, why? why are straight cis men so obsessed with disney princess movies? this is the only explanation i could find for why someone would truly believe that they will be together with someone forever when they've known them less than any of their friends.

>if i lose her i dont know what I'll do

what everyone else does:
>mourn your loss
>g et better
>live your life
>find other people

remember that a woman only makes you a 'better man' if you are still a better man when she is gone.

otherwise she only makes you a fraud.
>>
You need to take some time away, and get a little bit of clarity. Take the day, go somewhere where you can be completely alone, outside of the house, and think some shit through. If she says she wants to make it work, it means she's not ready to let you go and its really just up to you to do some soul searching and be there for your relationship. You can repair things, just take a little break for a day and remember why you fell in love with each other in the first place. do something really special for her and for each other.
>>
>>17161253
This is basically where it is at. Agreeing to work through it. But that uncertainty kills me and eats me alive. It especially hurts when I ask if it's going to work out and she says she isn't sure.
>>
>>17161278

even when a girl says 'I WANT TO BE TOGETHER FOREVER' she doesn't actually know that. in that moment its true.

but regardless of what she says, there will ALWAYS be that element of uncertainty. because you haven o reason to believe that your relationship is any different than the billions of others out there that die out.

shes probably not going to recover from this to be honest.

when a girl (or even a guy) does this, they are waiting to be impressed. they may not realize it but they are waiting for some drastic amazing sign that this will work. and every day it doesn't come, its lame.
>>
>>17161250
>you straight cis men
Sweetie you're in the wrong place if you don't wanna listen to straight cis men
>>
>>17161298

they are generally my preference.

I was just using this to illustrate how fucking silly a man sounds when he talks about being together forever.

no one ships you.
>>
>>17161293
She's definitely not waiting for something like that. More so wants to see the change happen for herself.
>>
>>17161324

>shes deifnitely not waiting for something like that.

except for how she actually is. again, she may not realize it. but this is how our minds work.

prove me wrong. do a really big romantic gesture and see what happens.
>>
>>17161334
Yeah I don't plan on doing that. I know that's just over saturating the situation. I'm just going to be exactly what she wants and hope that she can stop being upset. Tovme this is worth fighting for, and if that doesn't work out, at least I know I tried and can't regret that.
>>
>>17161435

lol
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.