[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Drinking question
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 500x387) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 500x387
Whenever I drink heavily, I manage to make a dumbass out of myself. I start talking about shit that is super embarrassing, and the worst part is I don't remember it.

My 21st birthday is in two weeks and me and a bunch of friends are going bar hopping. He is bringing along a couple girls that I kind of know, they're super hot and I might hook up with one of them.

How do I keep myself from acting like a moron when I drink heavily? I know the obvious answer is "Don't drink so much" but it's gonna be my 21st and my friends will inevitably pressure me to go super fucked yo because it's a special day.

Does this happen to anyone else?
>>
>>17160393
Say something like your dad promised you an expensive car if you didn't drink at all on that night (or limited yourself to 1 or 2 beers).

Personally don't really drink much, just cant get used to the taste and its too expensive. Only drink when I go out - will have a beer and thats about it.
>>
>>17160393

>>17160450
this might work actually.

or just talk to your friends ahead of time and let them know that you'd like to not embarrass yourself on your birthday. so while you are looking forward to having a few drinks with them, you're going to be pacing yourself to avoid any bad situations, and you'd like them to please not try to encourage you to over-drink.

if you don't trust them to respect that (or if they're the kind of "friends" who will do their damndest to get you shitfaced anyway against your wishes, just because you're just so fucking funny when you're drunk), don't go out with them.
>>
First of all if you let someone pressure you into drinking (or doing anything for that matter) you're a fucking faggot. Simply tell them that you'll drink how much you feel like drinking and be done with that. You can't control what you're going to do when drunk, you can only control how drunk you'll get.

Making a fool out of yourself is not so bad, at least when you're out with your friends, but if you're going out with girls and you want to hook up with one of them you obviously shouldn't get shitfaced.

So don't get shitfaced you fucking degenerate.
>>
It's your 21st man so I get that you wanna go get white girl wasted. That's cool. The problem is these chicks. Way I see it you'be got two options:

1. Pace yourself, drink water between drinks, all that jazz. I recommend going to pricey bars and only taking cash so you can't buy shit loads of tequila.

2. Get super drunk. It's your 21st and if you have fun being wasted then go for it man! Drinking with the bros is always fun.

Whichever you pick, remember you only get one 21st so have fun above all else man.
>>
>>17160502
>>17160490
>>17160450
Appreciate it guys. My one friend, C, who is organizing the whole thing does like to pressure me and yeah I have been a beta bitch to let him.

I just don't want to seem like a party pooper or stick in the md for refusing drinks and shit. But I get you.

>>17160522
Does drinking water actually help? What about eating? We're going bar hopping so maybe bar food will help keep me coherent?
>>
>>17160531
Definitely make sure to eat a few meals that day and hydrate the shit out of yourself before you go out, and eat at the bars. I also get super weird when I get drunk and get drunk pretty quickly.
>>
>>17160539
Cool, thanks man.

I'm really an introvert and don't like going out much, but like you said, you only turn 21 once haha. I just don't want to embarrass the shit out of myself in front of those girls.
>>
>>17160545
I'm sure you'll be okay, and they won't be deterred from you unless you say some creepy weird shit, in which case they should be. If I (a girl) were in this situation, I'd at least tell myself that it's your birthday, and as long as you aren't being a dick or making me feel unsafe, I wouldn't be put off by you/let your drunken weirdness get in the way of the sexy time. Good luck dude. You'll be ok. And happy birthday!
>>
>>17160393
Amphetamine
>>
>>17160566
Hahah, yeah I'm not creepy just awkward when I'm drunk hahahah thank you!
>>
>>17160568
Thread
>>
Get some self control. It's not like your friends are pouring alcohol down your throat.

Don't drink so much if you don't want to embarrass yourself in front of the hot girls, Chad. It's that simple.
>>
>>17160393
take the edge off with some cocaine and then if you act like a twat people might mistake it for being cool
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.