[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So after working simple part time jobs off and on with being
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Untitled.png (25 KB, 530x218) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
25 KB, 530x218
So after working simple part time jobs off and on with being NEET for 3 years I finally got off my ass and landed a decent paying job a few months back. The problem is that now I work 6 days a week, 10-12 hours a week. I feel so exhausted after work that I don't want to do anything I used to, no tv, no music, no games. I just sit around the house or sleep as much as possible. It was just announced that we will be working these hours possibly for another 4 months.

what can I do to make this situation more bearable?
>>
Get used to it

Really thats it
>>
>Go from being a NEET to working
>I don't like it
>Help me like it /adv/
Welcome to the real world. Thanks for contributing. Now man the fuck up and do what the rest of us do every single fucking day.

>I feel so exhausted after work that I don't want to do anything I used to, no tv, no music, no games.
Aww, poor baby. Can't work and have a NEET life too? Funny that.
>>
>>17160360
Quit.
>>
12 hours a week? thats absolutely nothing, get over it kid.
>>
>>17160372
Stop trying to make him part of the system just because you're hopelessly trapped in it.
>>
I assume you mean 10-12 hours a day instead of per week? If you only work 12 hours a week you have nothing to complain about.

Anyway, it sucks, but you'll learn to really savor that day off. If that's not enough, commit for 2 months to make some money, then quit and find a job where you can work less
>>
>>17160372
i've had jobs before, just not physical labor for 12 hours every fucking day.

seems like everyone at work just drinks beer until the pass out every night then go back to work again in the morning. i don't want to do that.

>>17160376
12 hours every day. of intense manual labor
>>
>>17160360
Where did you find a well-paying job as a NEET?
>>
>>17160383
it's a warehouse, that is apparently so brutal most people quit before their second month.
>>
>>17160380
i've already been here for 3 months and have paid off all my debts and saved almost 10k. I want to keep the job, it would be a great job if we eventually get enough employees to not have to work 70 hours a week. even working 50 hours would be great.

It just seems like I'm putting my entire life on hold just to stack cash right now. I'm just looking for advice on how to enjoy my 1-2 hours of free time per day instead of just staring at my screen then going to bed
>>
>>17160398
That makes sense. Maybe it would help you out to like grab a soda after work or something? I work in a restaurant and caffeinate to close up, when i get home the leftover energy is enough that I can watch tv or play games for a couple hours before bed.
>>
>>17160403
I get off in the middle of the night so I don't have much options for going out.
>>
>>17160419
not that anon but maybe he means having some caffeine right as you get off work. like a pop from the machine on your way out the door or grab one from the fridge as soon as you get home. or some tea or something. you can make a pot of iced tea on your day off and then have a small glass when you get off work, it will probably be refreshing as hell after work during the summer.

a job like yours, you know you're not gonna be able to do it forever. but it's easier to tolerate if you know about how long you're going to be doing it. and at the same time, opportunities to make shittons of money don't always come along. so what I'd do if I were you, I would try to make hay while the sun shines, for as long as possible, then get out.

make a list of some of the bigger things you want - down payment on a house, better car, nest egg or whatever. choose the one or two that you want the most, then figure out how long you'd have to work the warehouse job to save up for that. then work the job for that long while keeping an eye out for other work.

at the same time, put money in a separate fund - a financial bugout bag, so to speak. enough to pay all your bills for a few months or part of them for 6-12 months. so once you've met your savings goal, or you burn out or get injured and your doc tells you "gtfo that job before you break your body," or whatever, then you can just take the next decent job offer that comes up even if the pay is shit. boom, you're out of the warehouse life, you have your savings, and you're free to keep scouting around for something better or try and get a raise at your new job.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.