[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can't for the life of me eat healthy foods like vegetables
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: Beet Ruby Queen o.jpg (41 KB, 550x390) Image search: [Google]
Beet Ruby Queen o.jpg
41 KB, 550x390
I can't for the life of me eat healthy foods like vegetables or most fruits. I just can't stomach most of it. What's the best way for someone who hasn't eaten healthy for the majority of their life to get into the habit?
>>
>>17160239
Try making smoothies. If you mkix the right healthy things together it can come out tasting good.
>>
your sense of taste has already been fucked by artificial flavours/sweeteners.

theres nothing you can do other than cook creatively, force yourself and pray that you somehow manage to restore your natural taste again.
>>
>>17160272
It's quite easy though. And after a few years it's even the other way round. Can't have artificial shit in my food and hate McDonald's etc to death.
Just get started jackass and add lots of spices. There are tons of them and they taste A LOT better than artificial flavours.
>>
Salt and garlic can make any non-food taste like food. Too much salt isn't good but it should work as a stepping stone.
>>
I am/was in a similar situation. I've eaten veggies and healthy stuff when I lived with my parents tho.

When I moved out, at first I ate all the shit. After like 4 years of a bad diet, I decided to start eating healthy again.

You just got to do it. Trade in chips for nuts, candy for fruits, and for meals, as others have said, learn how to use spices when cooking your meals.

Fuck salads btw. There are way better ways to have vegetables. Eating healthy sounds worse than it is to many people since they punish themselves with rabbit food. Steamed veggies, baked veggies, it's all so much better. Especially when you get the spices just right.

Not gonna lie, it isn't the easiest thing in the world. But if you commit, start to enjoy cooking, and eat what you think "real adults" would eat, then you will be well on your way.

Forgot to say, eating right even for like a week makes you feel so much better. Eating right for a month and you feel like a demigod.
>>
Mix it into stews and soups. Don't make it a side dish, put it IN the dish.
>>
>>17160608
Forgot to say this: if you do eat something unhealthy, don't feel bad about it. Just don't make it a habit. Beating yourself up about it will make you more likely to stop eating right.

Example: last night on my way back home after a few drinks, being decently tipsy, I stopped at Mcdonalds on the way. I don't feel bad about it. It was good. Today I am having rice and steamed vegetables with some chicken. I am not making this a habit to go to Mcdonalds, but it happened and I don't regret it.
>>
Cook it so you get it carmelized.

Baked carrots get sweet, same with parsnips.

Asparagus on a cookie sheet, apply light coating of olive oil, sprinkle a good amount of parmesan cheese on, bake until parmesan gets a golden browned top

Brussel sprouts or broccoli, melt a bunch of cheddar on it
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.