[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Things aren't going very well for me right now. On in about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: coffee.jpg (435 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
coffee.jpg
435 KB, 2048x2048
Things aren't going very well for me right now. On in about a week i have to go back to court for my trial. I am being charged with the misdemeanor loitering near drugs, and the judge is trying to give me 90 days in prison. I have passed both my drug tests and despite arguing that i didn't know about it being in the car it seems like my fate is already sealed. After the prison time i would be looking at about 2 years of probation. I can't even begin to imagine how this is fair and why this is happening to me. My lawyer told me i got a judge who is very anti drug because of a personal matter. Something to do with his son. I dont understand how a judge like this is real. I'm just wondering what to do, whats going to happen, what 90 days in prison might be like, what probation is like? I dont know
>>
>>17159959
You should have been thinking about this before you got involved with taking or dealing drugs. After 90 days I imagine your asshole will be sore, either from being reamed or being clenched in fear. After that 2 years of probation means nobody will hire you. After those 2 years nobody will hire you because you're a drug fag and can't be trusted.

Yes, your life is fucked. If you were ever going to amount to anything or earn good money that is now beyond your reach. You will be poor white or black trash.
>>
>>17159966
>You should have been thinking about this before you got involved with taking or dealing drugs.
Did you even read his post?

OP do you have a lawyer?
>>
>>17159959
Was it bad luck that you were near drugs or did you put yourself in that position? If you use or sell then i guess its a risk you were taking.
>>
>>17159974
Yeah I read it, all of it, but this bit
>I have passed both my drug tests
makes me think he's a user, so nothing he says can be trusted.
>>
Drug fag? Being picked up from the airport by a friend who has something in his car shouldn't automatically make me a criminal.
>>
And my friend had a single gram of marijuana in his car. I haven't smoked marijuana since college. Me saying i passed both my drug tests means i think its absurd that i could be prison time for unknowingly being around someone who has something in their car
>>
How the fuck does one even end up in court for that let alone looking at prison time?! Where do you live?! 1 gram of Marijuana that isnt yours doesnt hit me as something youd go to jail. 1st offense?
>>
>>17160002
Michigan. First offense. My lawyer said taking it to trial wouldn't work because a jury wouldn't believe i didn't know something was in my friends car. The officer said he could smell marijuana when he approached the car which is obvious horse shit
>>
>>17160010
Does your friend have priors? Because it sounds like he does and is known for dealing or something or this is a whole lot of work for them for nothing. A gram of weed isnt worth shit
>>
>>17160028
He is also a first time offender. He already got his punishment which is like 6 months reporting probation. He was the one charged with possession,
>>
File: star wars cantina.jpg (55 KB, 640x419) Image search: [Google]
star wars cantina.jpg
55 KB, 640x419
OP, this is what you get for not voting, or for voting Republican.

Get a continuance so you can get a lawyer.
>>
>>17160041
Dude. If he got that for actual possession there aint no way your going to jail. They are making you sweat and its working. And show that to. That they have scared you straight. Make sure they know youre too fucking scared to touch drugs or be near them ever again. Make them think they have won whether they have or not. Personally i wouldnt be worried about a lawyer but i also dont know the justice system there #ausfag and it would be safer to see one or at least consult one. Good luck
>>
>>17160059
How does once act scared straight? Should i cry or something?
>>
>>17160065
Haha no. Well I guess act isnt the right word. Given you are obviously rather concerned about going to jail. So just say that. For example "your honour, although I was unaware that there was illegal drugs in the car, I do know that my friend has done drugs previously and I should of been more vigilant before entering a vehicle with him. Although this is no excuse and i accept full responsibility for getting in that car, I hope you can understand my situation and I will be more careful in the future, I do not want to go to jail or have something as stupid as this affecting my life." Or something along those lines. Be truthful. dont make up any lies to cover your ass but you can leave things out if not directly answered like having smoked weed in the past
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.