[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Never had friends before. I started a new job a few weeks ago
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
Never had friends before. I started a new job a few weeks ago and my coworker and I have similar interests/hobbies. He is 3 years older than me and is gay/married. We do have opposing views, so I'm very guarded/always thinking of what to say to avoid making an enemy.

He is going to a place I want to go and I don't know how to ask to join him. I've never gone to an event like it since no friends.

How do I make friends w/ people/hang out at places that arent work/school?

He is very outgoing and social w/ lots of xp, so we're literally polar opposites.
>>
bampu
>>
For starters, you said he is going to a place you intend to go? Simple. Secure your ticket if it's a band or something, and then be like, "Oh didn't you say you were going here? I was going to go there too, we should try to find each other." Or something like that.
>>
Maybe I'm just retarded, but you could just be upfront and be like, Ive always wanted to go there, mind if i tag along?
>>
>>17159990

That would be my preferred approach but im not a skilled sociallite so i dont know proper ways of doing it
>>
File: jujubes.jpg (194 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
jujubes.jpg
194 KB, 1200x800
>>17160003
There is no proper way of doing it.
>>
>>17160003
Neither am I. Shit, I dont even have a lot of friends. But its not a game. Be yourself. And be striaght up and honest. And thats life advice. Not just for this situation. If you cant be yourself then whats the point. And if they dont like you for who you are, fuck em. but you already have common ground with them and know them well enough to want to go to this place with them, they would probably be stoked for you to come as long as its not a date thing with thier partner or something.
>>
>>17160016

His husband is an oldfag who doesnt like vidya/chinese cartoons and im straight.
>>
>>17160016

I been on 4chin for nearly a decade im too far gone to be likeable.
>>
>>17160022
Hmm i see. Being straight shouldnt matter haha. But the topic i can understand. Maybe go there another time with your new friend without the partner for drinks or something. Or go anywhere if your more interested in just making a friend.
>>
>>17160039

I dont think his husband will go, so he is going alone or with other ppl i dont know, he has only lived here 2 months.
>>
>>17160039

Would it be weird if i just say mind if i join you at (place)?
>>
>>17160056
No way. Thats exactly would you should say. Just casually throw it out there! But no victory dances if they say yes
>>
>>17160056

tell us the place / context please? it kidna depends on the place.

sounds like you coudl have a good friend here. straight/gay bro dynamic can be extremely amazing in my experience.
>>
>>17160109
lol, i'm way to shy to express myself like that.

>>17160139

It's to a comic con and he's probably looking for raves/bars as well. I've been to raves before, but I didn't fit in and never been to a bar/drink.
>>
>>17160222
I understand that. I do. Im going to be a hypocrite here. And use a movie line which I think is incredible. Especially for people like us who struggle to initiate interaction. 20 seconds of courage. Give yourself 20 seconds of courage to say exactly what you want to say. Something I'm pushing onto myself.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.