[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your thoughts on tattoos?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
What are your thoughts on tattoos?
>>
File: Tattoos.jpg (23 KB, 420x294) Image search: [Google]
Tattoos.jpg
23 KB, 420x294
>>
>>17159542
hot if they're tasteful and sparse
>>
Tattoos are fine, I don't even care what they're about honestly.

It looks unprofessional from a business standpoint if you're unable to cover them, though.
>>
>>17159548
/thread
>>
>>17159542
It's not hard to get a tasteful one, but a lot of people opt for shitty tribal tattoos or shitty quotes from books they've never read.

Not even fucking kidding. My ex got a tattoo with her friend, a Tolkien quote and she's never read anything by Tolkien. She just went with it as a best friend tattoo.

As long as the tattoo isn't cliche or tacky like a Triforce or something, it's fine.
>>
File: 1448080306601.jpg (15 KB, 693x693) Image search: [Google]
1448080306601.jpg
15 KB, 693x693
>>17159542
I used to think they were awesome, and sexy as fuck on girls. now they are so commonplace that they aren't cool or edgy or signify an alternative lifestyle in any way anymore. Your valedictorian probably has a tattoo. A pair of crossed arrows, a mustache on her finger, or some inspiring cursive writing on her ribs, for sure. Such a fad.

You'll stand out more with no tattoos at all than with them.

>Pic related, my next tattoo
>>
I've been wanting a tattoo ever since I was in fifth grade. The design has mildly shifted over the years, and the meaning has definitely changed, and I still want it at 22. I figure as long as you get the tattoo for a good reason that goes beyond "it looks cool" or "i like such and such" then it's fine. just no names of partners and no face/neck tattoos
>>
i love tattoos. just got my second actually, with plans for more in the future.
>>
>>17159542
If a girl has a tat near her pussy she's a huge sleeze.
>>
I don't like them at all
>>
>>17159542
they can be fun if they are somewhere that's hidden most of the time, they are often shit though bc mainly people get them as teenagers and teenagers are shitheads 95% of the time who def don't have the patience to do research or put effort into the process so they go to a cheapass place and get a really shitty piece of permanent art on them boggles the mind really
>>
>>17159542
I can't not take you seriously if you have one.
>>
Order of tattoos

Best-tier
>Surrealism
>Optical Illusions
>Esoterically Spiritual Tattoos
>Anything Unique and not on this list

Good-tier
>Animals
>Mythology
>Spiritual Tattoos
>Monsters
>Space
>'Under the skin' Tattoos

Pleb-tier
>Tattoos of Death
>Flowers
>Gang-tattoos
>Family members
>Pentagrams
>Religious Tattoos

Shit-tier
>Tribal Tattoos
>Quotes
>Flames
>Vidya/TV references
>Your spouse
>>
I'm an artist that does private commisions for tattoos a lot.
Some, very few of them are really cool and original.
The rest is meme-tier flash art. I can't tell you how many fucking skulls, roses, owls, clocks, and retarded instagram/tumblr-tier semicolon bullshit I've done.
Tattoos are cool when they are done well, and are more than just an offhanded doodle with little meaning or interest behind them.
>>
File: image.jpg (395 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
395 KB, 1536x2048
What does everyone think of my new tattoo?
>>
>>17159542
Various thoughts ....

>gives a bunch of emoshits meaning and 'depth' in life aka level up bandaid for that no emotion facade
>walking art/doodle pieces permanently etched into skin
>depending on age and maturity pathetic cry for attention
>no thank you futuristic potential domestic abuser
>must be a prison yard fuccboi
>>
>>17159542
ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!
>>
>>17159616
Best post ITT. Saving this for future use.
>>
>>17159625
what does groks mean?
>>
>>17159542
Splendid indicator for white trash, one of the best out there.
>>
>>17159542
Makes people more interesting to look at.
>>
File: IMG_7235.jpg (139 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7235.jpg
139 KB, 1200x1600
>>17159616
kek
bf has 4.
one is an eagle (his first one, don't ask me what he was thinking...).
one is a chinese sign for "family" (that's pretty cringe, but you can't spot it easily and it was one he and all his friends got, so i guess he had to compromise).
he has a vidya reference one, too... (assassins creed. welp).
and then he has a HUGE viking ship over his whole back.

i'm not a big fan of tattoos. i don't have any myself. i have a female friend who doesn't stop geting the most cringeworthy tats. one cliché after another. i think they can look pretty awesome, but only if you are already handsome af and if they are expertisely done and unique. i do like my bf's tattoos, mostly because they are on HIM. otherwise, besides the ship, i think they are a bit normie-tier.
>>
>>17159542
I don't really mind tattoos, I've met really smart people with tattoos, so it's wrong to judge them from that. I might get a small tattoo of my homeland in my wrist.
>>
I like some of them, they can be artistic and/or just beautiful. But I would never want one myself, and I do feel that many people sort of forget that your body still needs to do its job as a body as well.
For example I've seen some very original, very well done and expensive tattoos featuring gore (like surgery wounds revealing something) and the design and idea can be great... but if I were to undress someone and see that, I'd recoil and be turned off. Same for realistic faces looking at you and all.
>>
Most look like shit. Some are really good.

I want to save up a few thousand and get a sleeve when I can confirm on a design. My goal is to have one where every part means something deeply personal to me.
>>
File: jKsRdTM.jpg (52 KB, 592x704) Image search: [Google]
jKsRdTM.jpg
52 KB, 592x704
shit niggas.
i can't decide. i'm either not getting a tattoo at all or go full insane. i'm not going to do any half assed stuff. if i do it, i'll do it right. what do?
>>
>>17159542
You might as well carve in your forehead "Born trailer trash - will die trailer trash"
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.