[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright level with me, how do I stop feeling jealousy or whatever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 45qaLl.jpg (24 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
45qaLl.jpg
24 KB, 640x360
Alright level with me, how do I stop feeling jealousy or whatever it is whenever my girlfriend does or mentions anything to do with another guy.

I feel utterly pathetic about this and have been taking steps to try and improve it but it just doesn't seem to be working. We've been together 7 years and have worked through LDR status for a long time. Yet whenever she shares something involving another guy, a co-worker, a friend or anything I get this tinge of jealousy that makes me feel mad. She travels fairly regularly for work and college related things and that only amplifies the feeling.

I know this is an issue on my part and I've looked up numerous ways to solve it. I don't feel like she dislikes me and I'm confident and happy with myself. Why does this get to me so much and how can I fix it?
>>
>>17159464
I have the same issue but in reverse. I believe it has alot to do with trust, or something in your past might be triggered...
>>
>>17159464
Maybe u need to put a ring on it. If u haven't already. Might help u feel more secure...
>>
It's you should just deal with it. If you don't trust her what's the point.
>>
It's hard to get back trust, but there is always a point. If u love her and she loves u and u have already spent so so so much time together then it's always worth working on. Of ever you or her where unhappy in the relationship then it might be time to sit and talk about where u should go from there. Coz no one should be unhappy.
>>
>>17159471
>>17159491
Maybe it's that I don't trust her as much as I think I do. I mean I'm a very trusting person and I have no reason to doubt her. Are there some trust building exercises I could do.

The fact that it's a 7 year relationship means I'm not willing to can it over something small.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.