[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I hate how weak I am. Help me, /adv/ >hanging out with friends
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 700x700
I hate how weak I am. Help me, /adv/

>hanging out with friends
>I'm a fairly skinny guy with large eyes so they sometimes call me 'Gollum' for a joke
>usually can hide how much this hurts my self esteem
>they have countless other names too
>none for them though, and if I come back with my own banter everyone goes dead silent then calls me an ass
>i make a joke
>get a few laughs
>one guy says 'okay then, Gollum'
>everyone laughs for about 3 minutes straight, start making fun of my bony hands, my skin, dig up all my insecurities
>leave when no one notices
>try not to cry
>call myself a pussy and hate myself more
>wonder what i do to make them do this to me, wonder why they can't just be nice to me. I never want to hurt them.
>they all constantly drag down my self esteem
>every few months, i'll call them cunts and stop speaking to them
>forget what happened a week later and come crawling back
>hate myself more each day
>no confidence

How do I leave the vicious cycle?
>>
your friends sound like fags
>>
>>17158981
They are, but I only admit it to myself during these bursts of depression and self loathing.
>>
>>17158974
tell them to fuck off. walk out. never talk to them again. theyre not your friends.
>>
>>17158999
I basically argue with myself and come crawling back after a week because if I don't have friends I can't validate to myself I'm a likeable person and hate myself more. I have validation problems.
>>
>>17158974
I'm in the same situation as you OP. I'm not weak but I'm quite short at 5'4", and my friends are at least 5'11". These guys have been my friends since elementary, back then I was a lot taller than them until they hit puberty.

Constantly mock me, and they never take me seriously. I can't unfriend them though, they're my only friends and I'm terrible at making new friends.
>>
>>17159007
go make friends online or on kik or something. go on meetup.com or go join a club at your ymca.
>>
>>17159014
Holy shit man, I feel for you. I had a sudden growth spurt in Secondary School. Before that whenever I disagreed they'd basically peer down mockingly. I'm still slightly shorter.

I just don't get why people are so mean.
>>
>How do I leave the vicious cycle?
By not taking life so seriously. Laugh it off when they mock you.
>>
>>17159022
Half this, but OP should say shit back. If they suddenly become "100% serious ", then he should leave because if it isn't two-way then it's straight up bullying.
>>
>>17159022
No, I'm sorry, but fuck off. You can't just laugh off having every person you think cares about you constantly calling you ugly. I hate to act like I'm on r9k, but this is normie faggot advice from someone who's never had this shit.
>>
>>17158974
You need new friends. My friends and I bust on each other all of the time, but never about something that actually hurts someone's feelings. The few times someone accidently steps into a sore spot, he immediately apologizes "Sorry Bro" "No big deal"
Guys busting on each other should be a bonding thing.

Try to get new friends first, then drop these guys.
>>
>>17159031
When I say shit back I get called an asshole, pushed and thrown about.
>>
>>17159031
>If they suddenly become "100% serious ", then he should leave because if it isn't two-way then it's straight up bullying.
100% agree

>but OP should say shit back.
I agree, but OP shouldn't do it bitterly. Do it as a friendly tease. There's multiple ways to look at everything, and I think OP is just looking at his friends mocking him in an insecure fashion. They could just be teasing him, but even if they are being serious there's no point in getting all angry and defensive. OP gains nothing by retaliating.
>>
>if I come back with my own banter everyone goes dead silent then calls me an ass
Weird, I was just thinking about how my friends do this sometimes. Sounds like your friends are way bigger douchebags. Anyway, sometimes it's like:
>why'd you do it that way, Anon? *implying I just did something stupid*
>...why not?
>why didn't you do it this way? *suggesting another way*
>because I did it this way
>wouldn't it have been easier to do it this way?
>no, it's just a different way of doing the same thing
>*realizing I have a point* y-you know I was just kidding, r-right Anon?

Yeah, it's really hypocritical.
>>
>>17158974
That sucks, but maybe you should go to the gym fool. Your friends suck, but if you don't like the way you look you should try doing something about it besides crying.
>>
Homie, every group of young men has to have a punching bag. You make it really easy for them by hanging out with them anyways. Say fuck em and find better people.

Also, keep on touch. Watch what happens to their relationships when they no longer all have you to hate on and just instinctively hate on each other.

I was the punching bag for a long ttime, putting up with every negative stereo type someone can come up with for my chosen style, for years my friend. I finally worked up the balls and decided to live alone and be alone for a minute. I have never felt stronger or more confident in myself and I haven't even changed my behavior all that much, I just stopped letting people put me below them.

Now when I see anyone from my old crew, all they do is bitch that all their friends are as Sholes and how I am the only nice one. Funny how that works.
>>
>>17158974
they aint your friends: if they insult you and know it hurts your feelings, they arent friends.

have some self respect boy
> 1. dont let anybody fuck with you
> 2. if ever in doubt, refer to rule 1

just stop speaking to them FULL STOP!

when my friends call me cunt: i call them assholes etc but light hearted banter and talk absoulute shit. and nothing productive gets done. see? those are friends...
>>
>>17159032
>You can't just laugh off having every person you think cares about you constantly calling you ugly
Yes you can lol, unless they're physically doing harm to you, you can literally laugh it off.

>this is normie faggot advice from someone who's never had this shit.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
maybe I've never had this shit because I don't negatively romanticize situations where my friends joke about me. Everyone that has close friends at some point or another gets teased by them. Unless you're a king, or someone else of high power that people are afraid of, you are going to get teased. it's life.
>>
>>17159062
>literally just 'haha you're just whining just ignore it :))'

Everything you say is based in theory. You don't know what our relationship is like and you just assume that I can laugh of being mocked by the only people I know who care about me.
>>
>>17159067
>literally just 'haha you're just whining just ignore it :))'
Exactly.

> you just assume that I can laugh of being mocked by the only people I know
Why can't you?

if you want real normie advice: get different friends, or "your friends sound like fags", or whatever else to reassure you that you're in the right here. That advice works in this situation, but not giving a fuck also works in this situation. Do whatever you think is right OP.
>>
>>17159067
but heres the rub: they dont really care about you. you have to find your own feet and repect for yourself. ive been there and done that and got the merit badge kid. let me guess they only call you when they want something? yes they just hangers on drop them like crack habit.
>>
>>17159071
It's easy to not give a fuck if you're able to. Humans are not Terminators. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and guess you are. Suprise, I'm not a robot.
>>
>>17159073
I try. Then they're nice to me when they realise I'm leaving and I get sucked back in. Thanks, I'll keep going on.
>>
>>17159037
>>17159086
Clearly you need to leave. After hearing this, I don't think anyone in this thread can possibly justify you staying. You're better off alone until you find better company.
>>
Man fuck those guys you can get better friends if you go to events and meet people at clubs you are intrested in joining in trust me op I was in your situation and I finally just said fuck it and never spoke to them again now I only have 2 close friends that I trust but it's so much better
>>
Whenever they call you gollum or anything else that makes you feel shitty call them something that you know would make them feel just as shitty. They will either stop teasing you or stop being your friend, either way is a win/win, they sound like douchebags.
>>
>>17158974
>if I come back with my own banter everyone goes dead silent
what a shitty bantz skills u got m8
>>
>>17158974
gomad+ss
>>
Shit, the guy thay just wont stop coming around... We had one of you in our group, we called him Gay Tim, he had a special chair we made him wrote such mean things on it, lol one time we threw condoms filled with hand loton at him... One thing I can tell you is, Tim was a Fag, we ment it when we said it, no one liked him and we told him all the time. He just never stopped coming around till highschool was over... Tim could have friends today, but he spent all his time with people that dont respect him, because he didn't respect himself.
>>
Start eating 3k cals a day of rice and chicken and start lifting, at least you have a viable option to fix your insecurities, it's all down to how motivated you are
>>
You have to realise the more you stay around these people or friends as you call them, the worse it will get.
They don't care about you at all. The only reason they tolerate your presence is because you provide them ample laughing material.
Cut them off your life completely and suddenly.
You want validation, this is not validation, it's straight up bullying.
Once you've done that work on yourself and better yourself physically, chances are if you stick to it, you'll get your validation from that and one say you'll realise you don't need anyone's validation but your own.
>>
First your friends are shit

Then, I'm as skinnyfag too, but whenever someone brings that up I start fucking around and joke about my skeltatlity (is thay even a word ?). What I mean is that if you yourself laugh it off, it aint offensive. Sometimes if they keep fucking around with that I tell them ima creep under their bed and start rattling my bones or shits like this.

Gotta spook the fuckers
>>
I think this is something a lot of young men have to go through. If you're at school it will be hard to just ditch them like you can as an adult. Try to make new friends -- especially female friends that might be less prone to bullying you.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.