[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, /adv/. Just wanted to thank you guys. I was on here a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (11 KB, 256x197) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11 KB, 256x197
Hey, /adv/. Just wanted to thank you guys.

I was on here a few weeks ago. Told you all that I got my M.S. in Physics, and that I had applied for more than 200 jobs with no luck. Followed your advice and got a job within two weeks. You guys are the best.

Do you guys have any tips for my first day?
>>
>>17158081

what advice did we give? im curious.

that being said
>dress nice
>show up at least a half hour
>strong handshakes
>seem excited
>try to segue into really short personal conversations to connect with people
>if you work 'above' anyone, make a good first impression and make it seem more like you are co workers.
>ask questions anytime you are confused better safe than sorry
>>
Knock out the biggest and baddest dude there or you'll become someone's bitch
>>
>>17158091
To tailor a new resume for every location I apply to.

Plus some interview tips.
>>
>>17158091
Thanks for the tips btw
>>
>>17158097
Is that the only thing? Curious for myself.
>>
>>17158097

thats good advice yeh. was it exampled like this:

"some advice with job hunting. say you are applying for starbucks or dunkin donuts, and they want barista experience. go to your resume, go to your 'volunteer experience' section, and put down that you have 1 or 2 years barista experience while doing chairty dinners back in highschool.

if they call you into an interview simply go online and type in 'barista training video' and that sort of thing. whatever machine they have, claim you used a different model. they will teach you how to use the machine regardless, but this gives you an in.

reverse engineer that concept for any job you apply for. i claimed to work with quickbooks before i got my current job. total lie. but i got the job and learned quickbooks overnight."
>>
>>17158093
I doubt OP will be working in a prison
>>
>>17158081
>M.S. in Physics
What job?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.