[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I break up with someone without hurting them too much?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1450638432-2.png (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1450638432-2.png
3 MB, 1280x720
How do I break up with someone without hurting them too much? I know it's going to hurt them, but I'd just like to minimize the amount of damage I do. Maybe even keep them as a friend afterwards. So what's the best strategy?
>>
fucking rip that fucker off as fast as you can fuck you don't want a hairy bandaid as your friend
>>
>Maybe even keep them as a friend afterwards.
You can't, people hardly accept that as an option. Also, are you really sure you want to break up with them? Think it well, I didn't and now I regret it, it really hurts ;_;
>>
Tell him/her you 2 are a too different and a horrible fit, it just won't work. Most people buy it.
>>
>>17157555
I don't know, they have a history of depression. I don't want them to kill themselves or anything. I still love them as a friend. He's the only one I have, really.
>>17157970
>Also, are you really sure you want to break up with them?
I am. We started as an online relationship, and we've been that way for about 8 months. We met for the first time a week ago, and he seemed like a completely different person. There wasn't any chemistry like when we talk online, and I'm not attracted to him at all.

I'm thinking I'll just slowly, and gradually distance myself from him. Maybe that will cushion the blow for when I finally break it off with him.
>>
Staying friends with them is the absolute worst option. It just prolongs the pain on their end because you keep giving them a sliver of hope.

The best way to break up is to crush all of their hope as quickly and directly as possible. No games, no happy birthdays or merry christmases, just cold, hard let down. It will hurt terribly for them at first but it gets it all out of the way and makes much less mess.

The more you fuck around and play games with someone in emotional turmoil the more damage you will end up causing to them in the end.
>>
>>17158976

By quickly and directly I mean talking to them and telling them exactly how you feel and why you're leaving them. Don't show weakness at all during this point. Say your goodbyes, pack your shit and don't look back.
>>
>>17158827
lololol i dont want them to kill themself.... that is entirely not your problem. dont waste your life because of theirs.
>>
there's no way to make a breakup not be painful, nor can you really minimize the pain because we all perceive things so differently. it's best to just be as direct as possible about it, and leave no wiggle room for false hopes of getting back together. also, i'm sure other people have mentioned this but it can be really hard to be friends with someone you broke up with. it's best to just cut contact for a while until the dust settles.
>>
>>17157532
there is no easy way to break up with someone bite the bullet and just do it.
>>
>>17157532
idk say it politely or piss them off
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.