[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No one likes me because I am a bad person. How do I break this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 0dPZNUK.jpg (543 KB, 2700x1600) Image search: [Google]
0dPZNUK.jpg
543 KB, 2700x1600
No one likes me because I am a bad person. How do I break this train of thought?
>>
anyone telling you you can actively break that train of thought is full of shit.
what you have to do is the following:
try to be a good person, if you are succeeding in being a good person people will thank you.
being thanked for things tons of times will lead to having a more positive sense of self
>>
>>17157325
I'd tell you to be a good person, but that's probably impossible for a bad person like you.
>>
I can't give you advice if you don't say what you did to make people think you're bad.
>>
>>17157340
>anyone telling you you can actively break that train of thought is full of shit.
You can't actively break it, no. It's like The Game: trying not to think about it makes you think about it more.

But you can still take an active role in your own recovery. Even if you can't actively un-think the unhealthy thought patterns, you can make your mind into a place where other patterns are possible.

As a holding pattern, I have found that when I'm at my lowest, I tend to fall into a pattern of the old cliche "random acts of kindness". I don't seek out people in trouble, but I don't have to: ordinary life throws plenty of them across my path. When I notice one, I help, whether it's picking up dropped books or buying a second item at the vending machine to push the stuck item out or pushing the car stuck on the ice. They're small things, but you'd be surprised at the impact they can have on somebody's day. It can't work miracles, but feels good, man.

But that's short-term stuff. It can get you through a crisis, and there's real value in that, but it can't actually solve the underlying problem. You need other tools to really solve things.

The biggest tool there is understanding. OP, you say that people dislike you because you're a bad person. I see three questions here:

- What makes you say that people dislike you?
- If they dislike you for being a bad person, they must first see you as a bad person. What do they see thay would make them think that?
- Given that people see the things you described above, are they right? Are they at least reasobable, given the information available?

The purpose behind theae questions is to give you an idea of how to proceed. If you are in fact a bad person, then you need to change, but first you need to know what needs changing. Only then can we even begin to think of how to make those changes, and you need that plan in mind before you can begin to implement it. But as we do these things, change becomes possible.
>>
You didn't rape anybody did you? Because that shit can get around and you're fucked if that's your rep.
>>
Hitler got married and ruled a country. Are you as bad as Hitler?
Josef Fritzl had a family, are you as bad as he is? Plenty of awful people out there who still have fans or loved ones.

I find it unlikely that you wouldn't be loved by anyone. The trick is just finding the people who would like you in spite of (or because of) you being bad.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.