[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is going to sound strange, but I'm 23 and I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: jilet-izleri.jpg (32 KB, 710x270) Image search: [Google]
jilet-izleri.jpg
32 KB, 710x270
This is going to sound strange, but I'm 23 and I've been living alone for the past few months. Recently I've been extremely depressed and the idea of cutting myself seems *very* tempting. I have never seriously considered cutting myself before in my life but now I feel like I really just might walk to the kitchen, grab a knife, and do it.

Has anyone else felt this way? I don't think I've heard of anyone doing it this late in life. How do you cope?
>>
>>17155160

Didn't cut.

Burned my arm instead.

Was a dumb kid finding out his crush was gettin' plowed by pedos for booze nightly. Didn't take it well and was willing to try anything to distract me from the emotional pain - even if it meant having to deal with physical pain.

Cutting never felt right to me... maybe it was fear of infection, or cutting too deep and accidentally offing myself, not to mention hiding all the blood.
It's too messy.

So I burned a fork over a fire, and branded my arm repeatedly.

It did distract me from the emotional pain... for a few seconds.

But it isn't worth it... you'll end up either being forced to hide your scars (that'll last forever) or having to answer questions about it.
And people will know it's self-harm.
And they will assume it's a cry for attention.

Self harm is not a cure for depression. Time is.
Wait it out.
>>
>>17155160
I used to do it all the time. Still do on occasion.Don't start doing it, because it sounds like you're the type that'd get addicted to it and mame it a serious problem. It feels good to let out some violence and cause pain, but it won't lead to any solutions to your problems
>>
File: 1457583903516.jpg (6 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1457583903516.jpg
6 KB, 184x184
This is what happens when people have too much time on their hands. Get a job, you fucking hippies.
>>
>>17155160
I don't understand it, it doesn't do anything for me. It doesn't help nearly as much as punching myself or headbutting the wall, etc.
Nowadays i just work out until it hurts like hell though.
Figure at least i'll have something to show for it.

>>17155209
>And they will assume it's a cry for attention.
Isn't it? Wouldn't you cut somewhere less conspicuous than wrists if you didn't want to display it for everyone to see?
>>
>>17155160
attention whore
>>
>>17155217
>it sounds like you're the type that'd get addicted to it

It is funny you mention that, because the feeling I get is kinda comparable to cigarette cravings, just on my skin instead of in my lungs. I guess that won't make sense unless you've had cigarette cravings.

>>17155209
>And they will assume it's a cry for attention.

Yeah that's pretty much the main reason I'm trying hard not to do it.
>>
Don't cut. Just use drugs like a normal person.
>>
wrist scars make you look like a nutcase.
>>
>>17155417

This re: punching yourself and working out.

I fell through a fucking window and it didn't hurt nearly as much as when I have hit my stomach.

OP it sounds like you're going for the attention. In that case there are other attention whore threads that would better suit your needs. We'll just tell you to do 100 push-ups and then tell us how much you want to cut. GO!
>>
Unfortunately I have learned that its not necessarily a maturity or age issue, cutting can be seen as a form of release for people of all ages in all situations. Resist. Its NOT a road you want to go down, for yourself and for the people around you.
>>
Cutting is shit and it leaves shame marks for when you'll have figured out your shits.

See your friends instead
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.