[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any sport where it's a plus to be short? Is there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 171x253) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 171x253
Is there any sport where it's a plus to be short? Is there literally any upside or silver lining to being a manlet?
>>
Jockey. The shorter and skinnier the better
>>
>>17154699
Depending on your position, American football. Most good running backs are under 6 feet tall.

They are also beasts that can bench a lot more than they weight though.
>>
>>17154699
Gymnastics.
>>
>>17154699
Can be quite a boon in football ( soccer for Americans). Gives you speed and agility larger players often lack, however this also comes at the expense at other things. A lack of height will obviously give difficulties winning head duels, but that's just the name of the game.
>>
Soccer apparently according to fifa games :).
>>
>>17154705
I'm 5'6, will that do?

>>17154740
I'm not an american.

>>17154744
Don't they start training when they're like 6 years old?

>>17154752
So I might actually have a shot at not sucking at it?
>>
>>17154787
Technically yes, however soccer is a demanding game in many respects, so you'd have to give it a serious go. And considering your current age, you will never be the next superstar. But wings are often small and quick players.
>>
>You can fit in smaller spaces
>It's easier for you to hide
>+1 dexterity bonus
>Your metabolism is probably faster
>You can withstand earthquakes more easily
>You have a stronger center of gravity
>Like anon said, gymnastics
>People will underestimate your strength
>Your dick will automatically look bigger
>>
>>17154811
I'm 22. My problem is that every man needs to exercise to at least some level in order to not die, but every time I consider some sport I just can't help but think "what's the point? I'll never be in the olympics".

Nobody cares about mediocre athletes and I can't stand being mediocre in anything.
>>
>>17154699
Auto and moto racing. Manlet=less weight, it can make a difference with smaller engines.
>>
>>17154846
Sitting in a car as a sport kind of defies the point of having to do sports for exercise.

>>17154829
So while I won't be winning any fights, I'm less likely to get seriously hurt while I'm eating shit?
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (176 KB, 1200x799) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
176 KB, 1200x799
>>17154871
>Sitting in a car as a sport kind of defies the point of having to do sports for exercise.
It's actually much more physically tasking than you might think. Try driving a go-kart for more than an hour and you will see.

Or you could try motocross.
>>
>>17154894
How expensive is that stuff generally?
>>
>>17154699
not sure about sports. It doesnt really matter in swimming, soccer equestrian riding snowboarding or fishing. Maybe motocross

for careers: fighter pilot / special forces
>>
>>17154830
Then be the best in your team. Play company football, or football in the lower divisions. Help your team work their way upwards, fight for your position on the team (it will be competetive as fuck), and be the absolute best you can. You are sadly too old to become the next Messi or Neuer, but not too old to have a definite spot on the team.

>>17154846
This is also a really good option. Age won't matter either.
>>
I smack my head in my factory job. Shaving off 4 inches would probably be nice regarding that.
>>
i wouldn't want to be over 6 feet tall.
>>
Short gay boys are hella cute
>>
>>17154699

idk about you but since im not fat being a manlet means always having enough room on the train, the plane, the bus. even my apartment seems huge.

the only downside ive really noticed is that i dont keep anything on my higher shelfs in my kitchen, so the lower shelfs are really stuffed. looking to buy a little stool.
>>
Martial arts: specifically, arts that emphasize grappling, like judo. Getting your center of gravity under your opponent's is crucial, and if yours is already lower because of differences in height, things get that much easier.
>>
>>17155000
I'm short, gay and still ugly.

>>17155004
>a little stool
Hahahahahah then you can keep all your adorable little hobbit stuff in the high shelves too.

>>17155007
But aren't matrial arts more about memorising series' of moves than actually beating someone's ass?

I read somewhere that if you beat someone up barehanded and you have matrial arts training, it automatically qualifies as assault with a deadly weapon, but that might be just neckbeard lore.
>>
>>17155024

>I'm short, gay and still ugly

thats unfortunate im short gay and really cute. i think thats probably why i never really had a problem with height. i feel bad for straight guys cuz it seems they have issues dating women. I've heard some bottoms say they want taller men, but half of my ex's (and my current mate) are 6 feet and over.

>hahahahah then you can keep all your adorable little hobbit stuff in the high shelves too

well, yeah.
>>
>>17155049
I'm short, ugly, asexual and don't like older men, so I'm pretty much set up for a life of dying alone.
>>
>>17155081

there are worse fates. i know asexual isnt aromantic, but when you dont even feel those compulsions why is it a big deal to think 'wow at least i have a gf' before the car hits you.
>>
>>17154699
Basketball if you're very short or very tall. Hockey. Pretty much any skill based sport (football, soccer, tennis, badminton, etc etc).

You'll only be disadvantaged at stamina based sports (running, cycling, rowing, swimming)

Be strong, gimli.
>>
>>17154995
I wouldn't want to be under 6'
>>
>>17155100
>asexual isnt aromantic
This is precisely the problem.

My want to love and be loved is an overpowering stinging between my lungs but sex is still too much to endure to earn it.

>>17155116
I'm 5'6. Is non-professional hockey a thing?
>>
>>17155128

perhaps the biggest issue is that you want to be loved and love, as opposed to just wanting to connect. you are asking for (and thinking of ) something rather specific, unique, and at the same time really vague.

also consider putting out.

im also 5'6" and yes non professional hocket is a thing
>>
>>17155133
I can't have sex without crying unless I'm drunk enough that anyone worth giving it up for would be to put off to go through with it.

I prefer not remembering it at all, but I can understand why fucking someone like that wouldn't be as fun.
>>
I'm 5'4" on a good day, senpai. If anyone's fucked it's me.
>>
>>17155145

>on a good day

yeah that nice weather makes the extra 4 inches.

>>17155142

go itno asexual dating. if you arent sexually into people their looks shouldnt matter. you are basically saying
>I DONT EVEN CARE ABOUT DEPTH I JUST WANT SOMEONE TO PLACATE ME

so do that.
>>
>>17155151
Nah, that's when I wear my Nike AF1's.
>>
>>17155151
It's strange how things the people who have a sex think are solely about sex.

You wouldn't date someone you could not love or whom you find repulsive even if you have no interest in dicking them.

I like fat guys though. They seem very soft.

What is asexual dating and how does that work?
>>
>>17155172

>what is asexual dating and how does that work

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=asexual+dating

>its strange how things the people who have a sex think are solely about sex

its trange how things the people who have a not sex ignore the important part of the argument. which is namely that you are not actually interested in getting to know someone. you want someone to have known.

you got your logic backwards. its like saying you want to be married. think about it.
>>
>>17155183
Sex drive. I meant to type "sex drive" but my brain said no.

I understand your point but I do not see how else to undo my unhappiness.
>>
>>17154830

I feel like this is the bane of my generation, this fucking irrational stupid feeling of being un competition against the best of the eaeth. So we sit and dont do shit inatead of making an effort to reach our personal best and hace a placer in our local comunity (in any sense of those words you can think of)
>>
>>17155644

*earth

*have a place in our local blabla
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.