[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How should I respond to my girlfriend? She is self hating, depressive,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1450789055516.jpg (811 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1450789055516.jpg
811 KB, 1920x1080
How should I respond to my girlfriend? She is self hating, depressive, etc. Maybe not on a dangerous level because 80% of the time she is fine (at work, when we do things, etc.) but very often in the night she starts crying about how awful her life is, etc.
For already one year I'm telling her to find a therapist but she always tells excuses. I'm not sure if it would help her to threaten her of breaking up if she is not going to do something against it. Obviously it is pretty stressful for me as well. Any advices?
>>
You can't force people to help themselves. If she isn't ready for therapy, then that sucks. If it's too much stress on you, I'd break up with her. Whatever she does as a result has nothing to do with you and isn't your fault.
>>
>>17154440
Tell her how her state is affecting yours and that you're very concerned but that she really needs to deal with her problems. That's the thing--they're HER PROBLEMS and if you let them seep into your head, you're really in trouble! WARNING: If you play the "I'm going to leave you if you don't get help" card, you better be ready to follow that through, OP...once she hears those words, the relationship is at a crossroads and you may have to move on! GL!!
>>
Buy her this book off Amazon- it's 6 dollars. Feeling Good by David Burns

Tell her "I need you to read this book. It's been so terrible seeing you like this, and I just want you to be happy. I need you to read this starting today, this isn't a joke" If she doesn't take you seriously, tell her you are considering breaking up with her because her behaviors are so stressful for you.

This book is so profound, and if she reads it and takes it to heart, she can actually become a totally different person emotionally.
>>
I get the same thing. Sunset makes me soul crushingly depressed for some reason, and the only thing I found that ever helped was smoking weed in the late afternoon.
>>
Thanks a lot for your advices. This makes it a little bit more clear for me.

>>17154460
I'm gonna check that book out. I recomment her a book before but it probably was not that good.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.