[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name Change?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1
File: Alexis_I_of_Russia_(Hermitage).jpg (1 MB, 1208x1474) Image search: [Google]
Alexis_I_of_Russia_(Hermitage).jpg
1 MB, 1208x1474
Is Alexis a good name for a guy?
>>
>>17152748
No

Picking a woman's name lol

Choose Braum or Johann or something manly
>>
>>17152748

sure? the worst part of it is that it can sound a bit feminine. its one step off from alexa, yet somehow sounds more feminine.

but thats really the worst of it that i can think of. and assuming you are past college, its fine, and sounds like you'd look good in a suit.

>>17152754

i just did a google search of alexis and a lot of pictures of women in underwear came up.

but i also know alexis denisof turned out to be quite manly by angel season 5 so...
>>
>>17152748
Maybe in Russia

Why are you changing your name
>>
>>17152748
Why Alexis and not Alex. If you are a tranny Alexis is the perfect name
>>
>>17152758
my name is Alexis that's why
>>
>>17152757
that's why i feel a little insecure lol
>>
>>17152754
>>17152757
sorry for not stating that my name is Alexis on my post
>>
Why not just tell people your name is Alex?
>>
>>17152911
to avoid any awkwardness if they found out.
>>
>>17152963
>"I'm Alexis. Call me Alex"
>>
>>17152976
>"Alexis is a girls name!"
>I was named after Aleksey Mikhailovich, the Tsar of Russia during some of the most eventful decades of the mid-17th century.
>"Oh... cool man, cool."
>>
>>17152976
thing is I don't like the name Alex its to mainstream lol
>>
>>17152992
haha nice I like that
>>
>>17152781
Ah you goofball. You made your OP sound like you're changing your name TO Alexis, not from

It's an ambiguously gendered name. It's uncommon for males here but that can work in your favour
>>
>>17152998
the armenian form of Alexander is Sekunder, always thought that one was kind of interesting

also if you're gonna go the russian route go for Alexei not Alexis
>>
>>17153109
lol I know I fucked up
>>
Change it to either Cornelius, Gaius, or Bernard. Those are uncommon manly names
>>
Just go by Al. Lol

I take it you have no middle name?
>>
>>17152748
One of my best friends is named Alexis
I like it
>>
How about Alyxthroviche?

It sounds like, "I lick your bitch".

Hard to get any more manly than that.
>>
>>17152748
Huxley Is a good name OP.
>>
I am amazed by all the terrible suggestions in this thread

I am so proud of all of you
>>
>>17153327
>Gaius
Is this Rome?
>>
Why not Alexius? Same meaning while sounding less feminine. But if you're changing your name, go big: Vercingetorix.
>>
Change your name to Penisass or Ballsack
>>
Ballsack is a manly name. Change your name to Ballsack.
>>
>>17153985
Do this.
>>
I know a guy named Alexis and a girl named Alex. It doesn't matter in the slightest.
>>
>>17152757
>>17152748
Just keep your name dude and if you want go by a nickname of whatever you like. There's no point in getting a legal name change outside of marriage stuff of identity protection
>>
>>17154745
Witness protection*
>>
>>17154745
>>17153460
I guess I should keep it.If i ever become well known
maybe people well name their sons after me.
>>
>>17154819
will*
>>
>>17154722
I feel better about my name now
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.