[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>20 years old (male) >Live in parents basement >Got
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
>20 years old (male)
>Live in parents basement
>Got straight A's in high school
>Dropped out of College after first week because I was in rebellious stage
>I could get a job tomorrow or really any day for that matter, but don't because I have zero desire to work
>No girlfriend or desire to have one
>No desire to really do anything at all other than sit in front of computer all day
>Not suicidal (currently), but given the choice between a 9-5 job and the gutter, I would probably choose the gutter.

What should I do?
>>
>>17152742
You sound profoundly depressed. Have you ever seen a shrink? Knowing what I know now, I'd talk to one. When I was your age, I would have gone back to school.

After your rebellious phase ended, how did the next... what, year and a half? Two years? proceed?

How does one go from rebellion (against whom? Parents?) to inertia and being a parasite?
>>
>>17152742

>could get a job tomorrow

prove it.
>>
>>17152777
Local McD short on staff, literally asked me to come work for them. Also temp agencies, lots of factory work available near me.
>>
Sounds like you're a bum living off your parents.
>>
anon we just wanted to come here to say we're incredibly disappointed in you

get a job
>>
Live with your parents until you die.
>>
>>17152875
had a job once, for 3 weeks in food service. Would rather roll over dead than work in that again.
>>
OP go back to school. if you have no direction or no motivation, this is the best way to keep surviving and it'll be the easiest way to discover possible new interests. you're probably depressed. don't stall till its too late.
>>
Op you sound retarded as fuck
>>
>>17152921
and what exactly would you do if your parents rolled over dead or even if they simply gave you an ultimatum?
>>
>>17152935
would go from being house bum to street bum, and if I don't survive the streets then oh well.
>>
>>17152940
wouldn't kill myself, but wouldn't really give a fuck if I died either.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.