[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /adv/ I'm still waiting for the 180 days to pass for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1456058455195.jpg (148 KB, 953x953) Image search: [Google]
1456058455195.jpg
148 KB, 953x953
Hi /adv/
I'm still waiting for the 180 days to pass for me to get my license and I had a quick question. Im looking to get a job but since I dont have my license (having a guardian be with me while I drive with my permit isnt an option) how would I go about getting TO my job assuming I got one? I thought of bikes but the road outside my neighborhood is too dangerous and doesn't have bike lanes. Is my best bet just to wait for my license?
>>
Bus walk or Uber
>>
>>17152575
Nigga, my friend had his permit for 2 years, drove everyday, got pulled over twice and nobody gave a fuck. They never did jack shit to him. Unless you're a completely moron you should be capable of driving on your own with a permit.
>>
>>17152575
How will you survive driving if you think roads are too dangerous for bicycles without bike lanes!?
>>
>>17152602
Not necessarily that all roads are dangerous; just this specific one. [spoiler] maybe im just nervous because it looks really narrow and someone got ran over and killed on that road [/spoiler]
>>
>>17152630
Spoiler alert, someone has probably died on every road, if you're in a decently big city.
>>
>>17152630
You're definitely just a nervous fuck.

Probably because you're still new to driving and don't realize how much room you have around your car before hitting things.

Not everyone drives it like a boat.
>>
>>17152633
Now that you mention it, thats probably true. Plus assuming Im not a dumbass on my bike its not like someone is going to attempt to run me over anyways. Thanks for the help anon
>>
You have your learners permit yes? there is an exemption for going to/from work in some places
>>
>>17152646
Of course

Just make sure to be diligent in paying attention on the road.
Here are my top five things to improve after you get the basics down:

1. Don't fuck with your phone. Ever.
That shit can wait. If you're fucking with your radio, do it when stopped at a red light at least. Eventually you'll be able to press buttons without looking down at it.

2. Check your mirrors at least every ten seconds. I don't mean count to ten and check and repeat.
You should be checking your mirrors when you notice cars moving up to pass you, make a mental note of when they pull up beside you and remember they're still there until you see that specific car drive past you.

3. Assume no one can drive for shit. They can't see you, they won't yield to you, they'll probably cut you off.
This doesn't mean never change lanes, etc. This just means pay attention and be ready to react

4. Traffic lights and signs don't do shit.
Obey them, but see item 3. Those lightbulbs hanging over intersections don't actually STOP the several thousand pound vehicle from careening through and slamming into you!
It sounds stupid, but you need to check both ways when you want to start moving again after being stopped. Seriously.

5. Don't panic. Don't rush. You'll fuck up if you're rushing to work. If you see an accident about to happen, do your best to avoid it. If you're following all the above, know that it's very likely not your fault, and it might not be avoidable.

All you need to focus on is doing your best to reduce the collision. If you avoid completely, great. If not, just do the best you can. Don't ever let go of the wheel and scream. Don't close your eyes.
You're in control, you choose how it plays out.
I motorcycle, and don't goof off. I like to stay alive. These will help.
>>
>>17152693
Bonus: if you have a merge lane, use it.
Don't stop at the yield sign. Or you'll get rear ended within a week.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.