[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do I act like a spaz around certain people. When I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 500x319) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 500x319
Why do I act like a spaz around certain people. When I'm with my friends I talk coherently. Same goes with my mom and siblings. I talk very quickly with my dad, and I can never really open up around him. There are people I'll randomly talk to; my words either come out straight, or they'll come out jumbled and messy. I don't quite understand how to overcome this. I've been working on small conversations, and I've been getting better with this. But there are a just certain people I click with, and others that I don't. I'm not trying to be Mr. Popular, but I don't want to come off as a insecure idiot either.
>>
>>17152512

people are people. some will intimidate you. others wont. you may not see it as intimidation. but there is this subconscious level. despite peoples preference for an attractive friend, as soon as conversation starts you will find that you click way easier with the majority of people you consider unattractive. you will be shocked each and every time that the guy iwth the dead eye seems really nice.

and thats cuz he is not intimidating to you. you find it easy to connect with cuz even when you dont have something you think 'no big deal'. whereas an attractive woman or a seemingly cool guy will intimidate you.

the best you can do is keep talking. i tend to be a bit of a mush mouth, so whenever i am i just acknowledge it in a funny way, as if im just normally toungue twisty as opposed to just around them.
>>
Its because you don't feel comfortable around them and are probably an introvert. I don't have an answer other than talk to as many girls as you can as practice and have a lot of friends who are socialites who you can ask about being more social. I am the same way though OP
>>
>>17152522

introvert simply means recharging with alone time.
>>
OP again.
I try to be nice to be everyone at work, I try to say hello, and ask how they're doing. There's people I don't like much, but I still give them respect. There are a few co workers of mine, that are noticeably annoyed by me. This one girl in particular, always looks at me smugly and when ever I do or say something she shakes her head or says something under her breath. Another is one of my managers, but she began to warm up to me, and we started saying jokes to each other.

I really don't know where I'm going with this. I guess, should I ask them what their problem is? Should I try to explain that my thoughts are all over the place, and I don't mean to be weird and a bit slower. I just feel overlooked and unimportant at work, and I've just always felt like this since elementary school.

I'm sorry, I'm a mess. I turned 18 and I'm graduating high school this week. I'm just freaking out and I feel like I won't make it in life.

I'm sorry this is all over the place.
>>
>>17152592

this may be a bit personal, but could you post a picture of yourself?
>>
>>17152607
I'd rather stay anonymous.
Can I ask why you want to see a picture?
>>
>>17152650

first impressions. woudl you be willing to send it to me over skype, email, or kik?

i want to help you better define yourself, what your problem may be, or lack of a problem, and how to tackle it either way. but the first thing you rule out has to be the impression you givej ust by having people look at you. regardless of if you are hot or ugly, theres a little bit of knowledge to be gained, and helps us further define the issue. even if you are insanely hot, for example, people can still be put off by other things. but those things wouldnt be the same as if you were ugly, or just plain, or a different kind of hot even.

looks are your firsti mprsesion. then we go from there,.
>>
>>17152592
There was a girl who did the same thing to me in highschool. Always looked at me smugly and shook her head and said snide remarks about me under her breathe when I talked. Fuck that bitch.

People are generally nice out of that age range though. I haven't really had any major issues with people after highschool.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.