[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Off the clock procedure and customers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 125x108) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 125x108
Please tell me if this was the right thing to do. If not, please tell me the correct way to go about the situation. I'd ask my department manager but I get my 2 days off tomorrow and the next day.

I work at Walmart usually 8am to 5pm. It's Monday, and while it wasn't a particularly harsh day, I had just wanted to go home after I clocked out for the day. I was pooped. Don't get me wrong, I love to help, and I'm very kind, but shit, sometimes I just wanna go home.

Anyway, as I was walking down the action alley, two Indian customers stopped me
>insert dreaded "excuse me" phrase here
>"Do you work here?"
Note I was still wearing a navy shirt and tan pants. I wasnt wearing my Walmart vest as I keep it in my locker. My hoodie was thrown over my shoulder. Keys in my hand. Backpack on my back. Essentially I was a customer now but I was still dressed in Walmart colors.
>Me: Yes, but I'm off the clock. What do you need?
>[The customers ask about car vacuums and I have honestly never seen them in store]
>I say: "I don't believe we carry these. If we did it would be here [i show them where the rest of the vacuum cleaners are; the area they are already standing in]"
>I continue: "Did you try Walmart.com? Some items are online only"
>They ask where the TLE section of the store is and I point them in the right way
>I walk away

I understand I probably should not have said "I'm off the clock" but I was kind of pissed. I didn't want to help but I didn't want to be a dick and blow them off entirely. When off the clock I've been known to still give directions to things. What is the correct way to go about speaking to a customer when you literally clocked out no less than 5 minutes ago?
>>
You did the normal thing. You dont want to be working off the clock. Its a federal regulation i believe. Most people would have just said they dont work there.
>>
>>17151862
Unfortunately I am truthful to a stupid degree. I don't like lying. Usually am honest most of the time. Also now that you mentioned it, it's company policy to not work if you won't get paid for it.

So how should I have worded it to the customers, while remaining polite?
>>
I think you are horribly overreacting and need to calm down. You were 100% fine.
>>
>>17151907

How you worded it was fine. If you're not working, you're not obliged to help them. I did this a lot when I worked retail.

Also its retail, they're not gonna go to management and bitch because I'm guaranteed they do the same thing at their jobs.
>>
File: 8IwEEgg.jpg (85 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
8IwEEgg.jpg
85 KB, 1920x1080
>>17151945

This. You didn't do anything wrong at all. Stop overthinking your day - you helped the customer, while off duty, and were still cordial and polite.

Calm your tits, have a drink, and relax.
>>
Okay all. Tits are calmed to the maximum degree. Enjoy the rest of your day/night. Thanks for the advice.
>>
Next time just direct them to someone who's on the clock
>>
>>17152164
came here to say this
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.