[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/adv/, I need some serious advice, I have just done something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 400x226) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 400x226
/adv/, I need some serious advice, I have just done something extremely retarded. For the next month I have 4 exams in my college courses, I had done two of these exams and I thought it went quite well.

The third one, I missed. I thought it was on the 15th, but it was on the 14th. It was worth 70% of that module so there's no way I can pass that module now.

Worst thing is, I was extremely prepared for it, and would have done well.
I am a first year in college and I can repeat a failed exam in August, with the exception that no matter how well I do the most I'll be allowed is a D, which is fine given the circumstances.

I need to know what to tell my parents, I can't tell them I missed it, because that will make me a retard who doesn't take college seriously. If I tell them I did it, but just simply failed it, they'll think I'm slacking off.

What should I do?

They only think I have 3 exams anyway, so I might just chance it and say I failed my assignments, but that looks bad too.

My mother is hysterical about these things, and my Dad is super hardcore about me doing well.

What do?
>>
>>17151255
It's not their business since you're 18.
>>
>>17151271
it is if they're paying for his education.

OP, just tell them the truth. People fuck up all the time, but from what you've said, they won't be happy about either thing. It's just easier to tell them the truth.
>>
>>17151271
Well, they are paying for me (I live in Ireland where college fees are only 2,000 per year, so don't think I'm some rich faggot who gets daddy to pay for everything.)

The problem is I'll be at home all summer where exams are supposed to be finished, they'll want to know why I'm going in to college for a day in August. (They know August is repeat month.)

I wouldn't give a shit if I was genuinely bad at the module and just innocently failed it, but I fucking skipped the exam like a lobotimized monkey.

I guess it is only one module out of 13, but still....
>>
>>17151292
Yes, that's true, but I've done something almost as retarded in the past, and my Dad is a kind of "can do no wrong" kind of guy, he's super judgemental.

He's been interrogating me about these exams for weeks, keeps stressing how important they are.

(Even though they are just first year exams that you just need to pass to get to second year, which I'll pass if I repeat.)
>>
>>17151309
Are you Tyrion Lannister?
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.