[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Modafinil
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: index.jpg (8 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
8 KB, 260x194
Has anyone used this and how did it affect you?
>>
File: CYy2iHKUoAAqPRd.jpg (17 KB, 351x329) Image search: [Google]
CYy2iHKUoAAqPRd.jpg
17 KB, 351x329
>>17151063
It's fantastic shit and works. Some people aren't respondents though so purchase a small amount first.

I fucking love it though.
>>
>>17151780
Do you have to get a prescription to get them?
>>
>>17151983
Do you have to have a prescription to buy codeine? No, but it certainly makes it legal to do so.

Modafinil can be ordered online though.
>>
>>17152002
Online as in dark net markets or elsewhere? Any suggestions on the best places to buy it?
>>
>>17152046
reddit()com/r/afinil
>>
>>17152055
No results for me, that's weird
>>
>>17151063
it's shit, get amphetamine
>>
>>17152137
Yeah fuck that. I have an old prescription of 20mg adderall that I still have, but I tried modafinil recently from a friend and I would rather take a modafinil every few days than take any amphetamines.
>>
>>17152119
>>17152119
just google it then
>>
>>17152219
I have and I'm finding a lot of different brands that are knockoffs or have modafinil like qualities. Can someone point me in a better direction?
>>
Go to the sidebar of /r/nootropics to find /r/afinil. Alternatively search Modafinil cat or get some Adrafinil from Nootropic Depot or Powder City, very similar to Modafinil.
>>
My wife was prescribed it for a brief period. It gave her panic attacks like few things before or since have ever managed. Not good times.
>>
>>17151063
I did try adrafinil which is the legal version I guess, it works if you do it once a week or something, did notice improvement on cognition and memory recall, I'd take it if your in a test or something, but don't take it often as you build tolerance.
>>
>>17152168
amen brother
>>
>>17152137
No thanks. Amphetamine make me feel like I'm going to have a heart attack
>>
Pretty good drug.

It'll make you prone to panic attacks and psychosis however.

You'll likely become reliant on the 20 hr. work day and you'll push yourself more than your body is capable of.

You'll burn out in 6 months and need to spend 3 in recovery doing basically nothing.

So all in all, its not really worth it...
>>
>>17151063
ex used it. said it made him hungry and a bit more alert. other than that, nothing else. he also said it was pretty useless.
>>
If you've gotten a genetic test, the COMT alleles are important in determining how you respond (val/val = great response, met/met = nothing)
>>
File: 1453942986015.png (22 KB, 774x64) Image search: [Google]
1453942986015.png
22 KB, 774x64
Have been using it on and off for years. Usually when I have a project or a vacation I take it for longer periods of time to be a better version of myself.

The problem is that people fall for memes or expect too much from it. Modafinil is not something you can compare with amphetamines(dex/adderal/vya) or phenidates(ritalin), the mechanism of action is completely different. If you seek a rush of euphoria and intense stimulation, Modafinil is not for you because there is little recreation value. Long term use of Modafinil is deemed safe, whereas amphetamines and especially phenidates are harmful with larger doses exponentially increasing the damage done.

There is one study that suggests that Modafinil doesn't work well for people with the A:A(20% of Europeans) type of Rs4680, which is something that people often talk about online. However, I have AA and it works great for me. The effects I feel from it are comparable to those my G:G friend describes. While this is just an anecdote, there was a large survey done by the /r/afinil sub which found that there were quite a lot of A:A people who said Modafinil was effective for them. While such a survey obviously has a huge selection bias, my point is to just try it yourself and don't assume that because you're A:A it won't work.

Also, I think there is little tolerance, successive days of use will cause buildup due to the long half-life. This isn't bad, it just robs you of a clear perspective. If I use Modafinil for a week in a row I will simply wake up while still slightly under the effects off it. Taking another pill will seem to have less impact than a week ago but this is because It's harder to compare.
1/2
>>
>>17153521
Some personal experiences from 3 years of Modafinil:
>Large increase in working memory
>Increased physical and mental stamina.
>Slight increase in recall
>Moderate increase in concentration
>Don't expect to become motivated
>200mg is probably too high a dose
>Don't take it after 12:00
>Increased heart rate and BP
>Slight increase in anxiety, palms get sweaty
>Effects of caffeine amplified, drink less coffee
>Blunts thirst and hunger, is also a diuretic, so drink lots of water to avoid headaches.
>Taking it daily for months did not result in reduces effectiveness.
>More effective with a good sleep cycle and a proper diet, melatonin helps here.
>Adrafinil is shit and heavy on your liver, Armodafinil is a specific isomer(r?) of modafinil and feel slightly more effective.

I use Modalert, which is produced in India by Sun Pharma. It is so cheap there that making fakes is really pointless. I buy them per 100 for $0.80 per pill and they feel the same as Provigil, which is fucking expensive. Any brand will probably do because unlike amphetamines and phendiates, Modafinil is just too cheap to make fakes for.
>>
>>17153521
>>17153533
2/2
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.