[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What profession follow >18 years old help.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
What profession follow
>18 years old help.
>>
Welding, STEM or day-trading.
>>
Context: I think i am inteligent, read alot compare to my friends on the high school, now i am 18 years old, already did a vocacional test [to see what professions i will have] and this is the options:
>anthropology
>archeology
>philosopher
>writer
>diplomat
>biology
>astronomy
>scientific research or historical
>psychologist
>psychiatrist
>doctor
>economist
>lobbyist
>inventor
>investigator

I hate routines [My test shows this aswell], like all subjects but Physics and math i am not too good [but i like].
>>
>>17150547
If you have a passion, or something you're particularly good at (that will eventually become a passion of yours), and can become a profession, that trumps everything.

If you're an average blob of meat, the golden standards are law, medicine, and engineering, but with the devaluation of colleges they're getting worse. Not even a top school will save you. With law, you could still go full politics, and that will always be cushy as fuck.
>>
>>17150568
Part 2:
on this list what i like is anthropology
archeology
Diplomat
Lobist
Investigator
Psquiatra
biology
astronomy
writer
doctoor
scientific research or historical

thinking without the list
economy,forensic science, detective.
why? because i think i am awesome giving ideias and have a really open mind and good observator. But half of this professions dont earn nothing in my contry, hard as fuck or dont have superior degree =/

Sorry for the worst english, not main language learning.
>>
>>17150554
>>17150570
Thanks for the reply, but this wont help, i wasnt fast enough to post the context before you post a reply.
>>
>>17150568
Don't know which country you are from, anon, but go for a doctor if you can. In western countries it's hard to get into, but god-tier job, (as far as i know). Though, it does kind of have routine in it.

Anything related to healthcare will always be in demand, imo.
Medicinal technician (or how it's called) is considered cool.
Biology is awesome, especially where it overlaps with medicine (histology, immunology).

What about astronomy it has math. To be really good (i e hired) you have to love math. Period.

Psychologist is in demand too, idk, it must depend on your country heavily, moreso in first world countries.

Accountant is always in demand and is kind of good option in my country (Eastern Europe). As well as bureaucratic, law jobs. They are routine as fuck, unfortunately. But steady income without routine requires great dedication and talent, so...

You probably want to pursue humanities, but from 4chan (mostly US perspective) and stories relatives tell me, it's kind of hard to survive doing them. Only if you have a knack for it and want to work real hard.

If you don't have any passions or skills now, go for professions, which are not flashy. I wouldn't suggest entering science or competitive fields, if you didn't nail them at school/read additional materials.

Is this list in order according to your result?
Maybe seek other (free) career tests on the net, some are pretty accurate. They also take your personality traits into account.
You could turn your hobby into profession, like music, sports and get corresponding education.

General advice: learn professions which interest you from all sides good and bad, make a realistic impression of what working process is like.

>Telling you this as a 20 year old who dag into that "choosing career" stuff, did tests. Currently studying biomedical physics, because I loved biology since childhood and want to know calculus with physics, lol.
>>
>>17150842
Wow, is rare to have such good advice on 4chan, this is really good, was a surprise to me about some professions on Europe, because Psychologist [on my country is overrated], Doctor is cool, but here you need to study 10 years, i want to do something new.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.