[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Ex and friend really like each other >No romantic feelings
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 180px-Lanky.png (45 KB, 180x188) Image search: [Google]
180px-Lanky.png
45 KB, 180x188
>Ex and friend really like each other
>No romantic feelings toward her anymore so I tell them I'm cool with it if they start seeing each other
>Feeling fine about it until "things" start happening about them
>Realize even though I just see her as a friend, I see her as an insanely attractive friend
>My shitty feelings are based off petty jealousy due to physical attraction
They make each other really happy it seems, so I'm gonna keep trying to be the bigger person about it. It just gets insanely hard to sometimes. What are some ways I can just deal with the jealousy better?
>>
As someone who is dead inside, my advice is to estrange yourself completely or kill yourself.

You're a human, eventually your emotions will get the better of you.
>>
>>17150512
Me and him have been friends for years though. Idk if I can just throw that away.
>>
>>17150420
Maybe you should avoid them for a while.
>>
>>17150536
Maybe. But it's kinda hard to just start avoiding someone after 5+ years of friendship
>>
I would try to enjoy the feelings, as proofs of being alive.
And listen to something like whitehouse to relax afterwards.
>>
>>17150420
Try to get her to cheat with u, u'll feel superior and no longer jealous
>>
>>17150643
I care about their happiness more than my own petty jealousy
>>
>>17150645
Cuck
>>
>>17150645
Don't be a fag, this will eat you. He doesn:t have to find out, plus, she was yours first. Going after your friend's past love implies that he prolly lusted after her for the whole time that you were with her.
He didn't supress his feelings for her when he could when he should have since she was your gf.
>>
>>17150657
They never actually met until we broke up.
>>
File: 1397363243146.jpg (77 KB, 709x709) Image search: [Google]
1397363243146.jpg
77 KB, 709x709
>>17150643
>>17150656
>>17150657

Everyone on this board will insist that your genuine feelings of empathy and introspection are the result of you being a fag and a cuck but I'm hear to tell you its called being a rational adult. This, for the record, was a terrible place to come for constructive advice.

The best thing you can do to combat this is continue to do what you're doing; understand that their happiness is more important than your knee jerk jealousy. Its hard to see someone else with her because it reminds you of all the good times you had together and the body you used to be able to call yours but the relationship ended for a good.

Its natural to not want your ex to date anyone after you break up, especially with a friend. Keep a healthy distance if need be and make sure to deal with your issues in a way that doesn't spill over onto their relationship.
>>
>>17152031
I'm honestly awful at cutting people out of my life and even telling them I need space. I guess I'm pretty spineless.

The issue is, telling myself that their happiness is more important doesn't make me feel any better about it
>>
>>17152415

>telling myself that their happiness is more important doesn't make me feel any better about it

Its not supposed to. Choosing to behave maturely and dignified is rarely immediately gratifying.

Just because accepting a reality is painful doesn't mean its the wrong thing to do. Who knows, in the grander scheme of things who can say whether their happiness is more important, all you know is that it isn't your place to interfere no matter where their happiness falls on your list of priorities.

Don't the right thing can suck. No way around that. In the long run it'll be far more healthier way to live and I'm sure underneath all the butthurt you know that.
>>
>>17152437
m8 u forgot your fedora.

Also, OP. Doormat. Look it up.
>>
>>17152437
The fact that I've been having bad anxiety issues for no reason doesn't help either. If anything it's just amplifying how I feel.

Jesus fuck I'm just an all around mess lately
>>
>>17152452
>Handling the situation like an adult instead of a petty child makes you doormat
>>
>>17150420
Is that you in the pic?
>>
>>17152464
>Rationalizing that their way is the "mature" way and every other way is a "childs" way. Thinks they are actually "mature". Can't see the irony here.

No. Most "mature" adults have a thing called a backbone. They cut their losses like the OP should have a long time ago with their ex, and be upfront about not agreeing to the fact of dating an ex. In fact, most "mature" adults know not to go after friends exs for specifically this type of reason, because they don't want to jeopardize a long friendship or put their friends in an uncomfortable place. But hey, don't let logic and reason get in the way of your "matureness"
>>
There are situations where you have no obligation to be the bigger person and this is definitely one of them
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.