[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A friend of mine in my class has a youtube channel which he has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
A friend of mine in my class has a youtube channel which he has recently become really obsessed with. He thinks he's going to make it big on Youtube for some reason and brags about his "fan base" which consists of about 150 people so far.

I don't make regular videos but I sometimes upload videos for personal projects, and this guy has began to brag about how he's so much better than me. Thing is, I looked his channel up on Social Blade, and he gets about 10 views per day and around 3 subs a week, except yesterday when he gained 60 subs all of a sudden.

How should I deal with this situation? Here are a few things I think I could do
>Bring up how many subs he has in class, then say he had 60 less when i looked yesterday
>call him out for obviously buying subs when he tries to insult me about having a bigger channel than me
>forget about it and let him brag to other class members about how I should "give my channel up to him" and he will make it big

What do you think I should do?
>>
>>17150346
Better question is: Why do you give a fuck?
>>
>>17150346
You tell him "that's great, I'm not trying to be in competition with you. Leave me out of your delusions."

Why do you call this guy a friend?
>>
>>17150364
I guess OP cares because the dude is talking to other classmates about him. that would get up my nose a bit more than someone just sitting there being a blowhard.

OP I have dealt with braggarts but it's been a while, so I googled to refresh my memory and came up with a couple links. sorry to just dump links but I read both of them through and they are pretty sound, so if I typed it out here I'd just be repeating it:
http://www.lifecrack.org/7-kick-ass-tips-for-dealing-with-braggarts-peacfully/
http://ask.metafilter.com/140289/How-do-I-deal-nicely-with-a-braggart
the key thing is "peacefully" and "nicely"...don't do something that will make you look like the bad guy. this might be tricky because if you're too nice he won't get the hint. he sounds like a clueless fuck, so you might have to be a little acerbic to get the point across. just don't be any meaner than necessary.

>let him brag to other class members about how I should "give my channel up to him" and he will make it big
also if he does this and your other classmates ask you about it, just tell them you have different priorities than he does and that you don't think he would be able to help you,
>>
>>17150456
also agreeing with this, especially

>Why do you call this guy a friend?
>>
>>17150346
Openly ask him, while he's bragging to other people, to compare penis sizes. If you do it in good humor everyone will laugh it off and he'll tone it down a little.

Don't back off until he pulls out his junk like an autist.
>>
>>17150346
what is his channel about?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.