[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you travel to another state to get a driver's permit/license?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1456521367338.jpg (195 KB, 1124x1024) Image search: [Google]
1456521367338.jpg
195 KB, 1124x1024
Can you travel to another state to get a driver's permit/license?
>>
>>17150267
They won't give you one if you don't reside there.

And if you're a delinquent of some sort and you've fucked over your ability to get a license in your home state, it wouldn't help anyway. They crosscheck that sort of thing, sweetcheeks.
>>
>>17150273
damnit.

I asked because I'm heading out to Army BT soon, and you travel all over the place. I haven't gotten either.
>>
>>17150267
I'm not sure why you would want to, but probably. I have had licenses issued by three states (not simultaneously, of course, and I was living in them). You might need to show proof of address for the license, though (I can't recall if I was asked to do this in California).

But if you failed a test or had a license revoked somwhere, no, that won't work. Those records are shared across DMVs.
>>
>>17150279
Rules may be different for military, as lots of states have specific laws to accommodate travelling military families, but I have no idea beyond that.
>>
>>17150281
I can get proof of address while I live on base, but I wanted to know if say, my home state was FL but I got my license in CO.
>>
>>17150502
I don't understand what you are saying. Where would your proof of address say you are living? Why couldn't you get the license in whatever state your proof of address says?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.