[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I contact ex(?)-ldgf
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1456468396133.png (429 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1456468396133.png
429 KB, 640x480
About a year ago I met a girl online and to make a long story short it developed into a long-distance relationship, largely over messages but with skype calls when we could get the privacy.

Over the course of the year she was dealing with a lot of family issues and her own emotional problems, which I was pretty much useless at helping with. This would lead to her breaking contact with me for a few days, or at the worst times a week or two, and coming back around when things settled down. During this time I never had an issue trusting her.

This went on until about a month and a half ago, when she cut contact with me overnight - just gone, didn't tell me anything, not answering or even reading my messages. I tried to check up on her after a week or so, no response. At that point I decided she'd either come back when she was done with whatever was the issue, or that our relationship was over (or, at times, that she had killed herself which I forced myself not to think about it)

Then this morning I wake up and check one of my messaging apps and notice that she's changed her username and picture. Still hasn't read the last message I sent her on that app, but she's definitely using it. So now I don't know if I should confront her just to get her to tell me what happened, or just ignore it and forget about her - or what I should do if she does start talking to me again in the future.

My instincts tell me that I need to forget about this and move on, but I don't want to rule out the idea that there was something serious happening on her end that she needed to deal with (her family are crazy and may have taken her phone/computer away, for instance)
>>
Move on. Your instincts are right.

She is using you like a tissue anon and will only spring up when things are convenient. She knows your options are limited to her and so you will await her like a loyal dog. Have dignity and cut this off for good.
>>
Just send a simple message asking what is going on..
Then forget her..
What is important here.. By what I see.. is your conscious.. So.. This is what I would do..
>>
>>17149903
See now I feel even less like that's the right answer because you're trying to dictate to me the thought process of someone you've never met.

That and the fact that she previously would break contact with me specifically when she had to deal with her own problems, which goes against the whole "using me for support" angle
>>
>>17149898
This isn't a real relationship. Don't waste any more time or energy on it.
>>
>>17149909

I honestly don't care if you don't think this is the right answer or not. From my prospective any man with any dignity and respect would have cut this broad off a long time ago but you don't have that...thus the defensive reply.
>>
>>17149922
>it's an anon comes to /adv/ to vent because of his own insecurities post
Cute

>>17149910
This is pretty much how I feel too, if she had just said "we're done" I"d be fine. And I don't even have any particular interest in getting her back, it's just such a confusing situation because she went from
>sending me a reference to an in-joke
To
>vanished from the face of the earth
In one day
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.