[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a stoner-friend who's getting a little on my nerves.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: Z4Z0Z3T.png (579 KB, 610x813) Image search: [Google]
Z4Z0Z3T.png
579 KB, 610x813
I have a stoner-friend who's getting a little on my nerves. He's not a bad guy per se, but he's constantly messaging me and rambling about shit I don't care about. Like edgy teen-tier stuff, about how corporations are after us, and that capitalism will be the end of society and whatever. I don't necessarily disagree with everything he says, but the way he talks about it just makes him sound like a schizophrenic maniac. We've had interesting discussions in the past, but he has no sense of appropriateness and comes off intense as shit. My energy level is way low in comparison. At this point I feel like I'm enabling this type of rambling in him by responding to it with courtesy. This is a problem, because he's being obnoxious as fuck.

So I guess the problem is I don't want to alienate him by not replying, because he's been a good friend to me in the past. How do I tell him to calm the fuck down without coming off too blunt?
>>
>>17149807
Just be honest. Say you don't necessarily disagree but he is on overkill and sounding crazy. Also tell him about the Marijuana legalization conspiracy and how the govt wants us to be doped up so we're too lazy to fight back.
>>
>>17149812
I believe he knows that he is sounding crazy. He even joked about this a little, and I told him that it's somewhat true. The problem is it doesn't stop there. If it's not paranoid conspiracies, he just rambles on about himself. For instance, how he can taste and visualize sounds or something in that vein. How he's special and different from other people. It's plain narcissism. I could be blunt about that, but I feel like he wouldn't be able to handle it if I'm being honest.
>>
>>17149807
bump
>>
There is nothing you can besides being blunt because clearly he doesn't respect you. He probably thinks "not like he won't tell me to stop sending him these messages or telling me to knock it off'. You enabled his behaviour and this is the end result. Don't text but call. Tell him "hey man listen I am a good friend of yours and I gotta say this upfront. Stop sending me crazy drug fuelled conspiracy, I don't care enough to give a shit and would rather talk about other things. Also simmer the fuck when we chill, you blow the mood completely." If he is a good friend he will accept it and you two will be good if not then he wasn't really your friend now was he?
>>
>>17149879
Okay, cool. I'll probably do that next time. Problem is I don't know how to phrase it. It just goes too deep with this guy. I'd be saying something fundamentally negative about his character no matter what. It's not like he's completely batshit insane either and starts messaging me about conspiracies out of the blue, but it's just not normal. Usually it'll be random, loosely observed patterns that are not really interesting or new, but he thinks he is a genius for noting them.
>>
>>17150009

Stop being a pussy. One of the major things in live you have to get used to is saying no and telling people that you won't accept their behaviour.

Tell the guy you aren't interested in his conspiracy stories and that there forums for this kind of talk. Also make it emphatically known that his behavior is unacceptable and that you won't accept it. He fucks up the mood when you guys are high with how intense he gets and that as a good friend you have to tell him

Be honest man and if you lose a friend then so be it but at least your respect will be intact. Letting people bulldoze their ideas and actions on you isn't healthy.
>>
>>17150018
Thanks for the advice, man. I'll be sure to break it to him. I agree that it's not healthy in any way. I'm used to not challenging people on the shit they tell me, so maybe this will be a stepping stone for me.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.