[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a 28 year old male. People my age are either buying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: 1463346701859.jpg (67 KB, 450x337) Image search: [Google]
1463346701859.jpg
67 KB, 450x337
I'm a 28 year old male. People my age are either buying a house, getting married or having kids. Is that the ultimate goal in life?
>>
Not at all man. Im 28 phd student with no gf and dont even care. Life is good and i very much enjoy what im doing wirh my life. After a year or so i will probably thru hike the AT and just do whatever the fuck i want. Do whatever you want in life op. Fuck everyone else
>>
>>17149647
Nope, it's the ultimate goal for femmist society, where you can serve an used slut to be her beta provider.
>>
>>17149647

Breeding and multiplying is the sovereign goal of a species

And securing a good enviroment for your offspring is the next goal

So yeah
>>
>>17149647
From a genetic/evolutionary sense, yes. Survival until reproduction is the self-perpetuating goal of life.

From an individual standpoint, not necessarily. You can't figure out what you want or enjoy?
>>
>>17149647
ultimately its the meaning of life ie. why we exist.
to further our genetic line.
its why we have females and males in our species.
prove me wrong.

pro tip you cant
>>
>>17149647
>Implying you can't achieve all this is your forties, after living it up in your thirties.
Fuck the twenties. B me, fucked more women in my two years after reaching 30 than I did in my ten years if twenty-something. Freedom!
>>
>>17149647
Yeah. For me at least. You decide yourself if it is for you too, though.
>>
>>17149668
>ultimately its the meaning of life ie. why we exist.
>to further our genetic line.
lol who said that?
that is taking a very human centric view of the universe. the human race =/= life. if humans were extinct, life would still go on.

takingthebait.jpg
>>
>Is that the ultimate goal in life?

It's rather shallow to say so. A house and kids mean different kids to different people.

For most people, a house means security. It means financial stability: being able to pay for something HUGE with the eventual goal of owning it. It means status because of that financial security. It means you get a little piece of the world to yourself that no one can enter without your permission.

Kids are similar in that people who have kids responsibly also are financially secure enough to do so. You know how much it costs to have a kid? Just to leave the hospital with a kid? I saw the bill from the hospital for my youngest siblings--$5,000 just to LEAVE the hospital. Having kids also means "completing" the family circle with your partner. It means your and your partner love each other so much that you're willing to anchor yourselves that much harder to each other than marriage could, and create something that has a piece of you both in it. I don't necessarily want KIDS: they're a high-risk low-return option, in my opinion, and because I've taken care of so many siblings my "motherly instinct" comes with a heavy dose of irritation already. However I DO "want kids" with my partner in the sense that I want to complete a family with him; to share life with him.

It's less about the THINGS they're settling down with and more the meaning behind them.
>>
>>17149647
>What is best in life?
Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
>>
>>17149647

there is no 'ultimate' goal. everyones different. if you want kids, thats great, go have em. if you have other things you want to do, having kids can make that hard.

between my job and my 'passion' i wouldnt have the time to take care of ak id.
>>
>>17149647

if you got married, bought a house, and had kids, you might not be happy. most people are too busy to be happy. its hard to be when life forces you to wrok so much you barely see your family and when you do you are tired. lots of people make it work. lots of people don't.

happiness has always existed even without owning property and getting someone pregnant. there are many millions of people in that position who hate their live.s

do what makes you happy.
>>
The ultimate goal in life is to find out what makes you happy and achieve it. For some people it's starting a family. For others, it's obtaining Fame. In the end, we're all gonna be the same, which is worm food six feet under.
>>
>>17150981
>>17150897
>>17150890

this, find your own path and don't go boring and restrictive cookie cutter.
>>
>>17149647
there is no such thing as an ultimate goal in life, it varies person to person, species to species.
>>
>>17149647
Wanna know a secret? You friends will suffer from midlife crisis when their kids recah their 20's and you laughing your ass off!
>>
>>17150981
I want cremation
>>
what's the alternative, working hard so you can die on a big pile of gold

what's the point of that?

Tell me anon, do you enjoy what you do for a living or do you just do it because its all you know?
>>
>>17149647
>is that the ultimate goal in life?
Not at all, and I say that as someone who got married at around that age and bought a house a couple of years later.

I'm happy with these choices, but they're not goals in and of themselves. There are many other things my wife and I still want to do with our lives. And I know plenty of single, happy renters that are my age or older (and I'm much older than you are).

I think finding happiness is probably the ultimate goal in life. I'm also big on helping people, personally, but happiness is probably more important on a daily basis. Maybe a wife or house or kids will make you happy; maybe restoring vintage pinball machines will make you happy. Figure out what might, and go for that.
>>
>>17152877
I'm torn about cremation, on the one hand it would be nice to get a bit of vengeance against that skeleton inside of me that's been trying to get out my whole life. But on the other hand it seems a bit petty, if he wants to be out so badly why not just let him.
>>
>>17152888
Charity. Some people get fulfillment from helping those less fortunate.
>>
>>17152888
Working hard so you can sit on top of your big pile of gold being the rare successful and independent NEET
>>
>>17152936
>doesn't know what a NEET is
>>
>>17152955
>Thinks you have to work after acquiring a large pile of gold
>>
>>17149647
why would you enslave yourself to a aging nagging wife that can stop giving you sex at anytime,more hours of work,restless nights from crying babies and a mortgage? are you dumb?
>>
>>17152908
>>17152877
Why get cremated when natural burial is the best option?
>>
Hey, that was my goal. Now I'm suddenly a widow and turning 28 tomorrow. So I say do whatever the fuck you want. Fuck others' expectations.
>>
>>17149647
>>17149647
no not for everyone, but if you think it's something you might want someday it would be beneficial to start looking for someone now rather than say when you're 38.

had an uncle who was the forever bachelor until at 33 he decided he did want kids and a wife. married the first girl that came along and she divorced him 7-8 years later leaving him with the 3 kids
>>
>>17153041
me too, how did you kill your husband? I beat him to death with a frozen leg of lamb then served it to the police when they came to investigate his disappearance.
>>
>>17152908

That's the skeleton talking anon. Don't let him get to you.
>>
My ultimate goal in life is making all Zionists, Jews, illuminatis & Lucifer "akadawa" worshipers die.

So that they enjoy their permanent residency in hell.
>>
>>17153125
>>
>>17149647
I believe the meaning of life is to give life meaning. Prescribe to it whatever makes you happy, preferably something that adds to/helps others.
>>
>>17149647
>Is that the ultimate goal in life?

sort of. but if you're not 100% happy with where you live / who you're with, its not really worth it.

If you're ready to end your life as a free man and are going to be cool with staying home, cleaning shit, listening to babies cry and watching PG movies for the next 10 to 20 years, you should go for it. Otherwise, run while you can.

Im 29 and this MILF i was seeing lied and made me believe she was pregnant for the past week. Personally, i would be ready for a kid, but my life has been more fucked than most and I wouldn't mind just taking it easy and getting on a kid level for a few years. But now that i found out she lied, I want to enjoy my freedom more than ever and spend a few years traveling exotic places.

When you wife up and have kids you're fucking trapped You best be 100% in love with her and the place you live
>>
>>17149675
this is pretty damn curious.

My 20's were kind of sparse. Im turning 30 this summer and have already been experience a massive uptick the in the ass im getting.

I knew there was a reason I always felt bad for people who married and had kids while they were still in there 20s

Shit, two of my friends are in their 30s. One has two kdis, the other has three. Both had a few yeasrs of married before their wives divorced them, and took their houses and now they're stuck renting and unable to go anywhere because the kids.

also, the MILF i was banging, who dumped me because, according to her, she was in love with me, was married for 10 years after she divorced her husband and got stuck with his three kids. and she's a rightful mess. After dating for 3 months she wanted marriage and for me to move in with her. When i said i wasn't ready for that commitment, she left because she couldn't fall more in love with me if i wasn't going to commit to her for eternity.
>>
There is no ultimate goal in life, but that doesn't mean you should fuck around without finding anything of meaning or substance. It doesn't have to be the 'boring' thing of buying a house or getting married or having children either, but mass culture supports these activities and therefore they are fairly well regarded and rewarded which in itself isn't dishonest if you choose them. Also by a certain age you start to think about where you want to be and even hedonism can becoming boring and unfulfilling, that and you tend to have reached simple and moderately difficult milestones and you have drives which are bigger still.

Like most people would see "owning a car" as a fairly basic goal. Most would see "owning a newer car" as a fairly boring and mundane goal. Most people can reach these goals given a decade or so.

Buying a house might seem super boring, but it doesn't have to be as simple as buying a house. It can mean having a stable home, a place to work on individual projects, a truly creative space, a chance to raise a family if you choose, the beginnings of a path leading to freedom from rent and other outgoings in later life.

Like I'm 33. At 16 my goal was to have fun. I moved around a lot, was technically homeless and travelling a lot, working sporadically and generally my music and creative pursuits took precedent over paid work, a stable environment and normative trappings of 'success'. This is all I wanted.

By my mid 20's this was boring me and felt self serving, dishonest, like I'd be doing this shit until I died which might not happen for a while. I wanted to settle down somewhere and be part of a community with longer term goals.

By my late 20's I wanted out of the city, I wanted to be further away from others. I wanted space and land and the chance to live a little more self sufficiently. I started saving up to buy a house and I became more career focused.

At 31 I bought a house and some land. I don't intend to die here. (cont.
>>
>comparing yourself to other
Lol dude, you will never be happy like that. Focus on yourself and just try to be happy
>>
>>17154273
It represents a good investment. I'll have the place paid off within 10 years. I intend to cash in and buy a bigger plot of land and self build my own place. Why? Because without long term goals like this my life will be the same and I won't get to where I want to be. I might be pushing 50 by the time I'm there, but without significant backing from my family and inherited wealth there isn't any other way or an easier way to reach this goal, so I'm going to get on with it.

Why? Because otherwise I live and die as another face in the mediocre part of the city. I don't want that. Is this boring? Doesn't feel like it.

Like my whole life I've found short term goals easy to tick off. I've lied to myself about longer term ones, convincing myself there is some philosophical reason behind why I don't actually want these things, truth is I'm afraid of the sacrifices required to get there.

Family name, legacy, I don't particularly subscribe to these ideas, especially as a method to motivate myself, but certainly why should I accept staying put in a position which I was born into and expect nothing else? Some families want to own a house and start a family because for generations their own families have never been able to do this. It isn't necessarily an option available to everyone.

Some people rent a little place, share a space, work a little job which they walk to every day and they occupy themselves with TV and occasionally visiting their local pub once or twice a week. They like the football. They might get a new pair of trainers next weekend. That is as imaginative as it ever gets.
>>
Living a life where you’re only listening to others is a guaranteed way to be unhappy.
>>
File: 22492217.jpg (140 KB, 387x478) Image search: [Google]
22492217.jpg
140 KB, 387x478
>>17149647
There is no ultimate goal in life, we are tossed into this world naked, bloody and screaming.
Find your own reason to keep living or off yourself, it's that simple.
Drugs, games, figurines, sports, art, music, construction anything, find what you want to do and find a way to fund that.
Only true goal / end to life we all share is death, make the most of your time on this floating rock and have fun without creating misery for others.
>>
>>17149647
you determine your own goal, dumbass.
>>
>>17149647
No, but it's what people of our generation turn to generally. They have done the party lifestyle, much more than their parents. Now they settle because they realize it doesn't make them truly happy. Maybe the thing they rebelled against isn't really what they want, so let's give the bourgeois life a shot, own some property, have children.
Eventually they will all massively move on from that.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.