[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
oneitis for myself
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 721x741) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 721x741
Friendless femanon; I am pretty sure that I am a narcicist because it seems that I can only see myself dating someone who is obsessed with me. I have had a stalker before but I am not attracted to them. It seems that everyone else is a liar and cheater. How do I accept the fact that no one will live up to my standarda without losing the feeling of being a special snowflake even though i'm probably not?
>>
haha

you sound like you don't really like honesty, honestly
>>
>>17149191
You sound familiar. What's your name?
>>
By doing something useful and building some real self-esteem inside your empty narcissistic shell and growing a thick skin. All it takes is practice.
>>
>>17149201
you sound familiar as well. initials?
>>
>>17149191
Does it start with G?
>>
>>17149219
DC
>>
File: fat.jpg (65 KB, 480x648) Image search: [Google]
fat.jpg
65 KB, 480x648
>>17149191

No one will live up to my standards
>>
>>17149191
You sound like a female version of me, anon, except I just find everyone else around me to be hopelessly boring and uninspired.

I often feel like I've over-idealized everything to the point where I've made happiness for myself impossible, and if I adopted a more realistic outlook on life, I'd feel like I downgraded and cheapened my hopes and ambitions.

Oh, I don't really have any advice... hopefully someone in this thread has already punched through that situation!
>>
>>17149286
By standards I'm pretty sure she just meant the stalker thing
>>
File: 1463216220352.jpg (291 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1463216220352.jpg
291 KB, 1920x1200
I used to be just like you. The second you give up this miserable existence and realize it's not enough to just be "yourself" and that you need to give something back to the world, you'll feel much happier. If you died tomorrow everyone would just go about their business like usual, no one would feel a sudden shattering loss inside, hell you could be dead right now. There's thousands of people more beautiful than you, better at your hobbies than you and smarter than you. It's not about you at all. It's about what you are to others. Do you make anyone truly happy? Do you listen and pay attention? Do you care?

Don't even consider dating before you learn how to love. Start with yourself. Stop saying stupid shit the internet, stop sharing or thinking about your superficial feelings, stop looking for someone to fill the void. Get excited about LIFE, there is so much out there you don't know about, focus on thinking outward.

Best of luck. Sometimes you just gotta devalue yourself first before you can truly appreciate who you are.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.