[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should short guys even bother putting their height on online
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 9400248319707837665.jpg (12 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
9400248319707837665.jpg
12 KB, 225x225
Should short guys even bother putting their height on online dating profiles? It just seems like a lose-lose situation.
>>
Not doing it would be the male equivalent of fat girl angles
>>
Yes

But make sure you are awesome and confident

Don't make it a big deal just a fact of life like : I have green eyes. I have black hair. I am short. K!
>>
Why short people should be on online dating sites?
It's like a cow going to a butcher on her own.
>>
>>17149080
>>17149084
>>17149104
Ya'll are just letting the "fuckin 6' at the very least meme" get ya.
>>
>>17149080
What do guys see as short? I'm 5.3 and the last guy I liked was about 5.6 or 5.7 (I mean, I didn't measure him so I'm not sure), height really doesn't matter anyway.
>>
>>17149107
I'm a short girl who wouldn't mind dating a short guy, but I'd like to know a guy's height before I met up with him.
>>
>>17149080
There are two ways of looking at this:

1. You're wasting everyone's time if you end up meeting women who simply won't be in a relationship with a short person.

2. A woman who would ordinarily not meet someone short might meet you, discover you're an awesome person, and want to have a relationship with you.

So basically you're going to face a lot more in-person rejection and be wasting more time, but the potential to meet more people means you may have a higher chance of getting in a relationship.

So it would seem that if you have the time and rejection doesn't bother you, not letting people know you're short would be the better choice.

However, there's an opportunity cost involved here. I prefer to give woman a lot of information about me up front so that she can evaluate what I know to be potential "dealbreakers" and decide if it's something she's willing to accept. I want to focus on people I think have a lot of potential, not spread my focus out over a bunch of people who I don't think have much potential.
>>
Short and confident vs short and self conscious..... Hmmm....

If just lying to girls and never meeting them takes your fancy, then go ahead and omit it.
>>
>>17149107
>>17149114
>>17149115
I mean, this is what everyone says. but it sure seems to me like a lot of girls filter me ou based on my height.

On top of that, there's also the assumption that you're 'exaggerating' your height by two inches, so if I don't say that I'm 5'7 then girls assume I'm 5'3.
>>
>>17149158
>I mean, this is what everyone says. but it sure seems to me like a lot of girls filter me ou based on my height
It's probably something else.
>>
>>17149162
Well I've tested this. My response rate goes up by 80% when I increase the height on my profile by 5 inches.

Further, when I change the height on my profile I've noticed that women that I've never even seen before start showing up in my feed, whereas when I list my actual height I start to get repeats fairly quickly.
>>
>>17149158
How do you know it's your height and not something else? Unless they literally tell you "you're too short", you can't assume anything, and you're a retard if you do
>>
>>17149162
Stop living in the fantasy world, when girls say "if you're under 6'0 swipe left" they want to be fucked by the tallest guys. They don't care about confidence.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.