[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Please help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (212 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
212 KB, 1024x768
>graduated with A masters degree in accounting last week
>40k in debt
>been rejected from jobs since I started applying in August
>2 of my most promising leads are fucking around with contacting me back
>only offer was a shitty job with no benefits at a sketchy place
>Air Force sends out as email to school email saying they're recruiting accounting grads for careers in healthcare admin
>spoke to recruiter and told that I would have a decent chance of getting accepted
>having second thoughts bc I would have to get in great shape, take the GRE, and have no freedom for 3+ years
>job hunting is making me severely depressed and I want to kill myself
What should I do
>>
File: shall not be infringed.png (180 KB, 319x326) Image search: [Google]
shall not be infringed.png
180 KB, 319x326
you know what you have to do
>>
>Accounting degree
>Didn't get an internship while working
>Did you even take the exams to be a licensed accountant?

Well, good news and bad news. The bad news is that it's going to be hard as fuck in the short term to find a job, and that debt is going to suck. The good news is that the Air Force is fucking awesome, and you could probably pick an AFSC that's slightly less lame and possibly more relevant to your career when you get out. The Air Force has all kinds of logistical shit, from finance to healthcare admin stuff. Also, there are programs to help you pay your student loans, from federal programs designed to help with student loan repayment in exchange for public service (usually 8 year duration) to tuition repayment assistance.

Who knows, you might even discover that you really like the military.
>>
Join the chair force.
>>
>>17148894
you should seriously join the air force, once you're done with them transfer to the FBI, they'll accept you because of your accounting degree and you can track down dank criminals by their financial mistakes.
>>
Op here. I probably should have added that I'm a female and black. Will my time spent be hell? I was looking up the demographics of various Air Force bases and it looks like I wouldn't fit in
My goal was to get a job working under a CPA this summer and start taking the exams cause it's expensive af in my state.
>>
>>17148945

Military is better for blacks than the private sector because there is more oversight watching out against discrimination.

Also, you REALLY should have done an internship to get ready for landing a jobs and the exams in undergrad.
>>
>>17148945
you'd be an officer though right? When it comes to matters of race the military is one of the most blind institutions there are. Gender is a bit of a trickier issue since there's a stereotype about military women being freeloaders so many have a chip on their shoulder about that. There's also a gender ratio of about 9 males to every female so its basically like being part of a big family where you've got a dozen brothers and no sister, everyone looks out for you but you're kind of expected to just be one of the guys.

That's how it was for me in the navy anyways, your mileage will probably vary.
>>
>>17148961
You have a good point.
I was rejected from internships too. Every kid I knew that got a great one and/or a big 4/mid tier had worse grades than me and less exp but were white or Asian.
I couldn't take the exams in ugrad bc in my state you need 150 credits, 4 year degree is only 120.
>>
>>17148974

Pretty much. Statistically blacks and other minorities do better in the military than the private sector.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.