[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need opinions.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: killlsellffpllsss.jpg (20 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
killlsellffpllsss.jpg
20 KB, 250x241
So, the last 3 days has been crushing to me, the girl I've been with for 6 years told me she didn't want me anymore.

Sucks right? Well on top of that she stayed the night at the dudes house I was told not to worry about.

I'm only 23, so she was my highschool sweetheart, so this blows. She was everything to me, and now, unexpectedly it's all gone.

The amount of thoughts that have been thru my head, suicide, suck it up and move on, and many other things. But he thing with that is, I like to keep to myself, like I'm sure is the same with many of you.

I'm only asking here because I have nobody else to ask about this shit because I dont want to talk to my irl friends about it and have them worry about me., so maybe some anonymous help could help me out.

If you read all of that, Thank you, but I need some advice here.
>>
Shit sux, you'll move on, almost everyone goes through this man. Sorry,
>>
>>17148685
Look man if she can do that to a guy then you dont want that in your life

Hurts like hell doesn't it? Dont worry it will go away
You deserve a better girl
God speed anon
>>
Destroy her dont blame the guy this is your womans fault for being a whore make sure she knows what kind of a woman she is
>>
>>17148685

you're not going to kill yourself over this because this isn't worth it

you got dumped and you feel like shit. you're blaming yourself, you're thinking about everything you could have done differently, everything you could change to get her back, every minor fucking thing that ultimately doesn't matter. it doesn't. it's over. it's not worth going back to her, it's not worth tormenting yourself over.

the first step is accepting that.

what you do now after that is critical. this is an opportunity for you to learn a lot about yourself and improve yourself. you're young, super fucking young, and you have nothing but time ahead of you. spend time with your friends and family, find a new hobby, cultivate old ones, start exercising, take a trip, explore your options.

a breakup doesn't have to be this life ruining event, it can be a profoundly moving event that you build yourself up from. you're incredibly vulnerable right now and you will have your time to mourn, but don't lose yourself to this.

you will move on. you will look back on this one day and be okay with it. but first you have to be willing to spend that time with yourself to get better. it's really scary and hard and intimate but it's worth it and you will be a better person because of it.
>>
>>17148728
She literally just broke up with him (maybe for the other guy) and moved on, there is no evidence of cheating going on, edgelord.
>>
Man suicide is a long term solution for short term problems
>>
I know exactly how you feel. I wish I could tell you that someday you will meet someone who won't eventually leave you, but there is absolutely no guarantee of this. All I can say is to treasure the happy times. When you are in love, treasure those moments and savor them as best you can. When you are alone, cherish the good memories of better times. Above all, find purpose in yourself. Love yourself and be happy with who you are. Have compassion, courage, and commitment to a cause. If you have no cause, find one worth fighting for. You will love again, and be loved in the future. Your heart will probably break again too. You will probably break someone's heart someday. But if you keep carrying the fire, pushing forward, and stay true to yourself, you can live a life of honor and be proud that you did your best. Don't let this break you. You will emerge stronger than you can possibly imagine.
>>
redpill up and fuck her mother. duh.
>>
>>17148685
Ah so three days ago you thought everything was fine and would be forever and you weren't suicidal. Now three days later you think everything is terrible and will be forever and you are suicidal.

Do you understand that your thinking might be fucked up?

From the list of options you gave yourself (option 1: suck it up, option 2: suicide), option 1 is much more reasonable. Maybe you think you're the only person this has ever happened to who hasn't killed themself, but that's not true. If you don't kill yourself, it's almost guaranteed that you will get over the feeling of being crushed.

Yes, your girlfriend turned out to be dishonest and kind of a shitty person. Sometimes people are like that, even ones you think you know. Enjoy the good times while they're there and be the most decent person you can.
>>
Better to have loved and lost, etc. Stupid as it sounds, some people wish they were in your shoes just feeling something even if it is unrequited. Just try and remember that you're in a toxic mindset if you think her life matters any more than yours or that you should be in any way beholden to her, man. You don't know me but I care for you whoever you are and don't want you to end your life.
>>
File: 1393286000371.gif (1 MB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
1393286000371.gif
1 MB, 300x169
>>17148685

>Thank you, but I need some advice here.

Young relationships are supposed to end and they're supposed to be devastating. Going through this shit is how we figure out what we want in relationships as adults.

Its going to suck. You're going to be depressed and torn up about it for months. Its going to eat away at you.

Then one day you're going to wake up and you'll go a few hours without thinking about her. The next day you'll go a few more hours. Pretty soon you'll be able to go through a whole day without remembering that she broke your heart.

Sooner or later you'll meet a girl, hang out with her, and little by little the memory of this girl will slip into the same part of your mind where you keep memories you have of being a kid. It all gets fuzzy, unimportant, and you'll remember getting hurt, you just won't feel it.

Eventually, she won't ever cross your mind and on the rare occasion she does you won't give any more concern to it than you would squeezing out a fart.

Thats how it works. Good luck, bud.
>>
>>17148739
Branch swinging is as bad as cheating.
If you're someone with good morals anyway.
>>
>>17148770
No, it's not, it means you have good enough morals to break up with them instead of cheating. I would definitely prefer it over cheating.
>>
>>17148776
Nah dude anon the other anon was right. Branch swinging is as bs as cheating. Its the ladies preferred way of cheating is all
>>
>>17148735
Very well said, anon
>>
>>17148776
Branch swinging involves being deceptive while establishing a new relationship. It can be worse than cheating because it doesn't provide any possibility of repairing the relationship.

Whether or not there's any physical infidelity, it's still extremely dishonest behavior.
>>
>>17148791
So you'd prefer your girlfriend to cheat on you throughout your relationship (for an unspecified amount of time) and tell you at the end or dump you once she realizes that she likes another guy?

I think OP's girlfriend was being the better person, not backstabbing him.
>>
>>17148914
I don't believe a relationship where a partner had such a low amount of respect for their significant other that they would cheat while dating them is one that can be fixed (you can pretend it's fine but it usually isn't.)

The type you speak of could be something that stemmed from a friendship of which neither party had the goal of being deceptive, it varies from case to case while cheating is just plain wrong.
>>
>>17148916
Not that person, but I'd prefer the girl be mature enough to end the relationship if she doesn't feel it's working out. Not branch swing. Branch swingers tend to deny what they're doing the same way cheaters are, and turn it round on them if pressed on the issue. Then lo and behold when the breakup happens, they usually end up with the guy that a lot of fights were started over. Branch swingers make the other person try and feel like there's something mentally wrong with them because they won't admit to what they are doing.

It's just as bad. Just split with someone if you don't like them. It's simple. But most girls are incapable of that because they don't want to be seen as single/wanted. That's the main reason, they are completely selifsh.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.