[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which vidya gaem should I get?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3
File: index.png (670 KB, 620x443) Image search: [Google]
index.png
670 KB, 620x443
I have a huge backlog, but these two recently games caught my attention and I can only get one due to time constraints.

Considerations about Doom:
>Friends who played the beta loved it
>It looks fun and fast paced
>Looks like something I can finish quickly and enjoyably and then go back for collectables
>Never really got into the original Dooms (but enjoyed them when I played)
>/v/ is having a shit fit over it

Considerations for DkS3:
>Enjoyed DkS1 but not enough for a second play-through
>The implied lore gets me rock hard
>PvP is still very active which also got me rock hard in DkS1
>Wary since DkS2 was shit
>Unsure if I have the time to finish it

Please /adv/, take time out of your busy day of helping sperglords get over their GFs and penis insecurities and help a person truly in need.

Thank you :3
>>
>>>/v/
>>
For what it's worth I don't play either, but I watched a guy play the doom campaign. Pretty short (8-9 hours? or something), that's even with collecting all the little goodies you can nab, and from what I saw from the beta, the multiplayer was pretty slow for an fps. The single player looked solid though aside from being relatively short. Single player had instant weapon switches, good movement, nice graphics (though I admit I'm not picky with graphics), and seemed to run okay on the dude's 970.

What I mainly wanted to say is doom's multiplayer is a watered down halo pretty much, but maybe things have changed since the beta (wasn't that long ago though)

Maybe the mods and changes people can do with multiplayer might make it more fast paced and add some fun little maps, but for 60 dollars it doesn't seem worth it to me. I personally would hold off until some good modding comes about but I'm stingy with my money.

I never got into dark souls but what I hear from others is that it's well made and worth the wait--definitely a cut above DS2. More difficult to grasp than doom it seems.
>>
File: 1463199767614.jpg (69 KB, 539x346) Image search: [Google]
1463199767614.jpg
69 KB, 539x346
>/v/ is having a shit fit over it
For good reason. It wouldn't be such a big deal if it wasn't a Halo clone with a new IP painted on. Similar issue with how DmC DMC would have merely been forgettable rather than offensive if it was its own game.

If you liked the Halo series, you'll probably like nu-Doom.

Not really sure where the state of DS3 falls right now PvP wise. At the time poise was disabled and the game was split between parry spam and hyper armor abuse generally when I got bored with it, but supposedly poise works now. I enjoyed it, but it's the easiest in the series imo. Aside from a few like Dancer of Boreal most of it was relatively straight forward, and summons make it even more so.

>>17148613
>All advice threads welcome. Offering or requesting is allowed.
>>
File: 1462330312157.jpg (51 KB, 422x455) Image search: [Google]
1462330312157.jpg
51 KB, 422x455
>>17148613
Na, eat shit, this is clearly asking for advice, just not the typical sad sack type that tends to be on here.

If you want to pull that shit, you're better off linking >>>/r9k/ in every other thread on this board since they're basically that

>>17148631
>>17148632
Thanks for the responses!

So what I'm hearing is basically DkS3 is higher quality than Doom, but Doom is still somewhat worth getting if I get it for cheap/on sale. Any comment on general length? I still have 4 other games I need to finish (both Alan Wakes [I got them for free with QB], AC4, and Last Light Redux.
>>
>>17148649
>higher quality doom
Christ, I meant higher quality game,

Also, one more thing, did >>17148632 mean new 343 Halo or classic Bungie Halo, that makes a huge fucking difference?
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.