[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best way to get put into a mental ward without
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2160x3840) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2160x3840
What's the best way to get put into a mental ward without hurting yourself or anyone else?
>>
>>17148406
... you can voluntarily admit yourself to them.
>>
>>17148433
Will they take me? Will they actually keep me there? Does it count as a medical emergency, can I get time off work without being fired for it?
>>
>>17148444
If you're actually messed up then yes.
>>
>>17148456
How do I convince them without getting "DAMAGED" tattooed on my forehead?
>>
>>17148470
If you need to go to a mental ward you're already damaged, no need to cling to some bullshit pride
>>
>>17148470
I mean are you schizophrenic?

If you don't I don't see the point of a mental yard, if it's depression there are other options..
>>
>>17148486
The last time I tried to kill myself they let me walk out after two weeks.

I don't know if I'm really good at lying about my mental state or if they really want me dead, but they need tangible proof that you need help before being willing to help you.
>>
>>17148470
Idiot. Just say you are planning to kill yourself. You'll end up in the right place.
>>
>>17148494
It's depression. Feel free to tell me what the other options are, I can't name one.
>>
>>17148470
Walk into a hospital and tell them you want to kill yourself.

This isn't rocket science.

One of my teachers once had a patient in the psych ward who had a form of megalomenia. But he wasn't a danger to himself or anyone else and could function well enough. But he liked it there and every time they wanted to discharge him, he simply claimed he was gonna kill himself.
Fun times.
>>
>>17148503
Will they believe me?
>>
>>17148505
Normal therapy?
Dude, you obviously didn't do your research.

Also you can just admit yourself as long as you say you can't cope otherwise.
>>
>>17148513
Doesn't matter. By law they have to keep you for observation.

But you don't really have to do that. Just admit yourself with your diagnosis.
>>
>>17148518
I've been on the waiting list for a shrink for hell knows how long. This is precisely the thing I can't wait for.

Am I supposed to drive to the town with the mental ward, or can I just go to the local hospital to be transported there?
>>
>>17148525
Yes. If you tell them you literally can't wait anymore and do not trust yourself not to do something, they'll have to take you in or at least give you enough help to hold you over.

Or just call the mental ward directly.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.