[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I used to do all kinds of bad drugs a lot(like every single day
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
File: sad-worker.jpg (10 KB, 350x250) Image search: [Google]
sad-worker.jpg
10 KB, 350x250
I used to do all kinds of bad drugs a lot(like every single day and most things besides heroin pretty much) for a few years and now i have some abnormal mental problems. It has been a year since I have touched anything besides alcohol and some weed. How long do you think until I return more to normal? i probably damaged my brain a bit but do you think there could be hope for me?

By abnormal mental problems i mean i had to spend time in the hospital for psychosis and hallucinations months after i stopped doing drugs but now i am a lot better and people just think I am eccentric instead of psycho.
>>
>>17148369
did you use benzos?
>>
>>17148391
Fuck. Yeah i used a lot of benzos. Xanax in particular. Benzos were the cruz of my drug problems
>>
>>17148369
what kinds of hallucinations? not all of them are serious
>>
>>17148414
What do you mean not all hallucinations are serious? I was seeing black shadow people fizzle in and out, hearing snippets of orchestras playing into only my right ear, and having all sorts of paranoid delusions.
>>
>>17148410
a few years means 2 - 3 years tops I guess?

your brain is beyond fucked, abusing benzos is just... devastating for your neurochemistry.

Go see a neurologist.
>>
The weed is also fucking with your head.
>>
>>17148429
:(. Well, only 1 year tops of the benzos. I was doing adderall cocaine, shit tons of weed for the entire of the 2-3 years. Benzos only during the last, but it was a lot

Fuck. I suspected that. I was in inpatient for drug use and they didn't tell me to see a neurologist, but that's probably a good idea. Thanks I'll go look around and ask my doctor for one I can see
>>
>>17148441
I am >>17148429 but I kinda regret my advice, the neurologist would probably give you more harmful shit, so don't take any meds.

You've been benzo free for a year, thats really good,

>1 year tops of the benzos

you'd get back to normal in maybe 6 - 8 months but DONT touch SSRI's, don't touch any kind of psych medication do you understand?

you'll get back to normal thats what the med literature says.
>>
>>17148458
:( No psych meds? I think I need ssri for depression but they had me on like 8 medications at one point (during my drug abuse years they thought it was bipolar) I don't want to do it anymore. Haven't had bipolar symptoms since (well maybe a bit but nothing conclusive)

I'm still taking vyvanse (that's all i'm taking) but only 20mg a day, for add. I tried to go off it for a few months but i couldn't do school. Maybe i can try going off them again?
>>
>>17148475
>Maybe i can try going off them again?
no no no

Take the Vyvanse, stimulants are ok.

Don't touch antipsychotics, pregabalin or any of that shit, stick to stimulants.

>I think I need ssri for depression

Use mirtrazapine instead.

Or theanine + coffee + taurine.
>>
>>17148488
ok oh my god thanks anon. Yeah I will keep doing vyvanse. :(They had me on a lot of antipsychotics back then. Fuck that dumbass psychiatrist.

i will try mirtrazapine and then the other stuff instead, thanks so much! i have hope for the next 6-8 months, i have noticed i'm getting steadily better and people want to talk to me now! They say I give off good vibes now
>>
>>17148496
>i have noticed i'm getting steadily better and people want to talk to me now! They say I give off good vibes now

Good.

>i will try mirtrazapine and then the other stuff instead,

for the love of god DONT use any SSRI, thats key.

If the mirtazapine makes you feel too sedated switch to tianeptine.

If in the future (6 - 8months )you want to use benzos again, do it sparingly but remember no ssri's, no antipsychotics, no pregabalin.
>>
>>17148369
As a shrink, this whole thread is fucking hilarious.
>>
>>17148496
Also I forgot you can get opioids, if you think you have self control take buprenorphine 0.8 - 2 mg daily, it cures ressistant depression.

Or stick to stimulants.
>>
>>17148567
what would you suggest?
>>
>>17148441
>only 1 year tops of the benzos.
Ok, so theres a dependence, probably some significant tolerance. Leave them be and you should be fine in a couple of months.

>I was doing adderall cocaine,
So stimulants should be off-limits. Rebound depression would be the order of the day, but the timeline you've given suggests you're through that.

>shit tons of weed for the entire of the 2-3 years
If you have any bipolar, schizophrenia, or schizoaffective in your siblings, parents, aunts, uncles, cousins, or grandparents and you're experiencing hallucinations and delusions after serious marijuana abuse AND it hasn't abated after two years of sobriety you should see a psychiatrist for antipsychotics and, if you cannot tolerate the side effects, seriously consider suicide. Welcome to the end, its degenerative. Exit while you still have agency.
>>
>>17148580
See
>>17148582
>>
>>17148582
>you should see a psychiatrist for antipsychotics and, if you cannot tolerate the side effects, seriously consider suicide. Welcome to the end, its degenerative. Exit while you still have agency.

Good troll job!
>>
>>17148593
OP can do what they want, they aren't my patient. If they're sober and having both delusions and hallucinations after a prolonged period of heavy marijuana use there is a significant chance they aren't coming back. I wouldn't want to live the life of a chronic schizophrenic.
>>
>>17148600
You're bullshitting op isn't schizophrenic

I had hallucinations in my withdrawal too, and I was taking medical doses.
>>
>>17148611
Withdrawal isn't going to last over a year, although OP admits to still smoking "some weed." If OP wants to know if he dodged a bullet he needs to stop everything for at least a year. If OP is unable to do this he doesn't deserve our effort.
>>
>>17148369
Also I suggest you to read Peter Breggin's books.
>>
>>17148623
>Withdrawal isn't going to last over a year,

It's called post-acute-withdrawal syndrome doc.
>>
>>17148636
Call it what you want, if you're having hallucinations and delusions after a year you either need Risperdal or a serious sit to think about whether or not you're prepared to decline.
>>
>>17148638
Disturbances in mental function can persist for several months or years after withdrawal from benzodiazepines. Psychotic depression persisting for more than a year following benzodiazepine withdrawal has been documented in the medical literature. The patient had no prior psychiatric history. The symptoms reported in the patient included, major depressive disorder with psychotic features, including persistent depressed mood, poor concentration, decreased appetite, insomnia, anhedonia, anergia and psychomotor retardation.

The patient also experienced paranoid ideation (believing she was being poisoned and persecuted by co-employees), accompanied by sensory hallucinations.

Symptoms developed after abrupt withdrawal of chlordiazepoxide and persisted for 14 months. Various psychiatric medications were trialed which were unsuccessful in alleviating the symptomatology. Symptoms were completely relieved by recommending chlordiazepoxide for irritable bowel syndrome 14 months later.[18]

Another case report, reported similar phenomenon in a female patient who abruptly reduced her diazepam dosage from 30 mg to 5 mg per day. She developed electric shock sensations, depersonalisation, anxiety, dizziness, left temporal lobe EEG spiking activity, hallucinations, visual perceptual and sensory distortions which persisted for years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-acute-withdrawal_syndrome#Post-acute_benzodiazepine_withdrawal
>>
>>17148623
I'm op and i'm not experiencing hallucinations, just some paranoia still. i haven't touched weed in a few months, i think im good regarding that now. As for alcohol I still like a few glasses of wine every weekend but i've been tapering off that too. I try not to think of how everything used to be. it was bad. i cut out everyone besides family in my life from those few years of crazy. i really did a 180

>>17148600
you know i was actually thinking this in the beginning when it was all shit but i think I am coming back.

>>17148627
I will try-i don't have much patience for books now. i used to be a literature major. i'm not anymore (still doing fine in my new subject though). its just one of the things i lost
>>
>>17148640
I'm more than aware of the literature. I'm hearing that you don't like my advice. If he wants to waste a couple of grand at CADCs and try to avoid the antipsychotics before making a call its his business. I'm just saying, if the symptoms don't respond to antipsychotics he has some tough choices to make.

Thats especially true when you factor in the marijuana abuse.
>>
>>17148652
Sorry i think i fucked up at explaining myself. I'm op i am not hallucinating anymore or having delusions (they have tapered off). i was previously on antipsychotics but now i'm not and based on life now vs back then, they weren't doing anything but counteracting the drugs, except i'm not on drugs anymore. I have not felt any adverse effects from stopping latuda/risperdal etc.

>>17148640
>poor concentration, decreased appetite, insomnia, anhedonia, anergia and psychomotor retardation.

That actually sounds like me exactly.Wow. i'm gonna try to read a bit more on this stuff
>>
>>17148665
Latuda is more or less useless. Risperdal isn't going to be great at counteracting. Still, if you're not currently experiencing psychotic symptoms you don't need to be considering an exit. Keep an eye, maybe an SSRI to deal with the depression, although stimulant abuse would probably make me try an NDRI first, and wait. We really don't have much literature on the effects of polysubstance abuse.
>>
>>17148369
i used to be a heavy poly drug user as well, im 6 going on 7 years clean from drugs alcohol and smigaretes, and the bad news is your brain will not recover in this time frame, it is still getting better with clean living and such but yeah don't expect to get better quickly.

Use this as a learning experience - your choices matter.
>>
>doing stupid shit like benzos
Ayy you got seriously memed my friend.
Next trend: doing chemotherapy
>>
>>17148683
Thanks. i still keep the exit on the back of my mind just in case. you never know-- If they ever have to put me into a mental ward again, i might. If i go a 3rd time I am done. my parents are exhausted. the're still helping a lot i just don't think any of us can take it again, yeah.

>>17148725
Yup. I have been working out a lot the past few months and clean living is good. i hope we both get better
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.